Thursday, February 28, 2013

February 2013 Favorites

     Happy last day of February everyone! The products featured in this months post are a little different. Since I have been trying tons of new drugstore makeup I haven't really had any favorites this month in that department. This lack of makeup favorites has given me a chance to realize some of the clothing items and hair produces that I love! Here are my favorite products for February 2013...


Johnson's Baby Shampoo ($3.99): This takes some explaining so I'll try to keep it short. Years ago I developed a form of dermatitis (inflammation of the skin) around my eyes. This caused slight burning, scaly skin, and redness that was hard to combat. We made an appointment with a dermatologist to have it checked out and this is what she prescribed! She said the ingredients in shampoos rid of this inflammation and encouraged me to use baby shampoo because it was tear-free. I only dealt with this irritation during the winter months because ultraviolet rays took care of the problem in the summer. This clears my dermatitis while removing any makeup (even eyeliner and mascara) while being very gentle. Even though the irritation has been gone for a few years, I still continue to use this in the shower about three times a week.

SunSilk Hydra TLC 24/7 Creme ($18.99): This has been a staple hair product of mine since freshman year of high school. I remember when this line came out and it didn't seem to stay around for very long. However, I found a winner in this product- I also have only had to repurchase it once in 6 years! I don't know how readily available this is but if your looking for a smoothing creme that doesn't leave your hair feeling crunchy or greasy I'd give this a try! I use it when I'm letting my hair air dry and when I blow dry it with great results.

J. Crew Black Pixi Pants ($98.00 but I paid $83.00): This is definitely my most worn clothing item for the month- hands down. They are the most comfortable legging type pants that I own. They are much thicker than typical leggings and are very form fitting. I wear them with everything from hoodies to blouses. Dressing them up with flats and down with boots. They are so versatile that I even wore them to an interview! They come in black, navy, and heather grey and don't forget that J. Crew also offers a 15% off student discount!

Turbie Twist ($15.75): These were a Christmas stocking stuffer from my parents a few years ago and I love them! I use one every time I take a shower and they are so comfortable to wear! Much lighter than your typical bath towel, they really help soak up the excess moisture. They are particularly handy when I am plan to blow drying my hair. I like to keep my hair up in one of these for about 30 minutes after showering and applying any products to let the extra moisture evaporate before using heat.

American Eagle Heart Studs ($10-15): These are my most worn earrings because they go with absolutely everything! You cannot go wrong with silver studs. I can't find the link to the particular ones I own because I purchased them awhile ago but many stores sell similar versions. *I will have a more detailed pictures at the bottom of this post*

Tangle Teezer ($12.99): I came across this brush after seeing Nicole Guerriero using it in a hair tutorial. Since my hair has been getting longer I noticed that my regular brushes just pulled on my hair causing breakage. I purchased this tool at Sally's Beauty Supply and it was the best purchase I've ever made hair wise! It gently untangles my fine, thin, long hair and leaves it shiny and soft. Don't ask me how it works because it seems as though the teeth of this brush would make things worse! The sounds it makes is a little weird (that sounds odd I know) but other than that it works wonders.

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes ($5.00): I tried these after using the Meijer brand makeup wipes for some time. I wanted to try a better quality product and heard these were really good! They remove my makeup quickly and efficiently. I can't say how these fair against water proof makeup because I don't wear it, but these do a great job at removing everyday foundation and eye makeup. They are very soft and that was my main problem with the Meijer off brand. They have a nice, natural, light scent and I will continue to purchase them for the time being!




Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment