Saturday, February 16, 2013

Birchbox Unboxing February 2013

     Yay! My first Birchbox post! I have been subscribed to Birchbox for a little over a year now and it has been the best decision. Each month you receive 4-5 sample beauty products ranging from haircare, skincare, makeup and nail polish to even lifestyle products such as tea, notecards, granola bars, etc. You can even fill out questions in your subscription profile to ensure that you get the right products for your needs! Each month you then visit the Birchbox site, rate the products in your box, and get 10 points for each product review. Those points add up and for every 100 points you get $10 towards the Birchbox shop. What is the Birchbox shop you ask? It contains all of the products that Birchbox samples and sends out in one place for easy ordering if you love something you recieved!

     I signed up for Birchbox in September of 2011. It was a reward for myself after cleaning out and organizing my extra skincare and makeup items. From the first box I was hooked- even my mom looks forward to seeing what I got each month! I always feel that I am getting way more than what I am paying for but lately people have had some complaints. Birchbox is known to give a lot of perfume and "foil packet" samples (the kind of packets that you tear open for only 1 or 2 uses). This has many customers searching for other subscription services but I will continue to stick with this particular service for now.

     I usually receive my monthly boxes around the 8th of the month but due to storm Nemo this months box was delayed. It finally arrived yesterday so without further ado here is what I received this month...






Miss Jessie Pillow Soft Curls ($2.58): I am really excited to try this. I received another product from this brand in my box a few months back and really liked it. Unfortunately, this is one of those foil packets that is hard to save after opening. The last product I got from this brand was in the same packaging as the full size product (just a smaller version) which I definitely prefer.

Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator ($5.70): I am on the fence about this one. I do like to exfoliate my face every once in a while but they tend to dry out my skin. I currently have an exfoliating product that I am happy with but I will definitely try this out.

Ghirardelli Square Milk Chocolate with Caramel (Free): This will probably be gone today! I personally like receiving samples like this. I've heard that some people would rather receive another beauty related product in place of a food product, but I find it nice. Each month there is usually a "free" item included in your Birchbox which is supposed to add "added value" to your box. This was a nice surprise.

Color Club Nail Polish in Wild Cactus ($4.00): I have never tried this brand of polish before, but love the emerald green color that I received. It's right on trend!


Lancome La Base Pro ($12.07): I do enjoy using primers and Lancome is a very high-end brand. I don't use products like these everyday though, so I do prefer getting the smaller sample versions. This will go to good use and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

= $24.35 and a 4/10

     As you can see I have included each individual price next to the product's name. This is the price for the specific sample size that I received in my box. Every month I will do this to see how much bang I get for my buck! I will also rate the box out of 10.

     My furture "Birchbox Unboxing" posts will be shorter than this initial one but I wanted to explain what the service is and my history with it. I really do love getting this little surprise in my mailbox each month. If you are interested in looking into this subscription or even signing up please click here!

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment