Monday, February 4, 2013

CVS Haul 1/31/13

    This will be the first of many hauls to come- I'm sure of it. However, in the future I will be posting these the day of or very shortly after the actually shopping date. Deciding to do my January Favorites last minute kind of took up most of my time! For those of you who don't know I will let you in on a little secret- CVS and Walgreens accept returns on any OPENED makeup or skin care item. Now this is unusual because most stores only allow unopened makeup to be returned. I found this out after years of buying makeup from grocery stores, being unsatisfied with the overall product or color, only to be disappointed in the money that I just lost! I now purchase everything at either CVS or Walgreens. A lady who worked there even told me that you don't even have to have your receipt! It is a wonderful policy that helps people like me try everything under those florescent lights with no regrets! Here is what I recently picked up:



Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 111 Kiss of Life ($4.99): This was the result of an impulse buy- we are all guilty of that at some point right?! My new obsession is matte red lips and I will rock them day or night! After trying some I wasn't too fond of I saw this and had to try it. I wore it to dinner last night and it's nice. It's a little deep for my taste but the finish is beautiful. I'm still on the fence about this one.

Essie Magnetic Nail Lacquer in Lil' Boa Peep ($11.99): A few weeks ago I picked up my first polish from this collection- crocadilly. I loved that shade and the effect it had after the magnet! There is a picture on my Instagram if you are interested in seeing it on. This slight rose gold color caught my attention and the fact that it was a neutral color was appealing. I love the idea of a neutral but interesting polish. I do wish the magnetic effect was a little easier to achieve evenly across each nail though. When working with crocadilly the effect was quite inconsistent.

Essie Nail Lacquer in Mint Candy Apple ($8.00): I was late to the band wagon on this one. In the beauty community it is one of the most popular shades! The color is just as the name suggests- a light mint green. It would probably be more appropriately worn in the spring and summer months but who follows those rules!

Orly Bonder Basecoat ($7.99): I forget exactly where I first saw this but from the moment I heard of it I was hooked. Being a girl with flimsy, thin nails that polish seems to despise, I figured this product would do wonders for me. What was keeping me from running out and getting it you ask? The price! I just couldn't bring myself to spend $8 on a basecoat and dismissed it every time I had the chance to purchase it. I haven't tried it yet but if its a winner I'll let you know!

CoverGirl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation ($11.99): After watching itsjudytime's first impression on this foundation I had to give it a try. Her first impressions are one of my favorite videos to watch on YouTube and I completely trust her opinion! I settled on the shade Ivory 805 which was the lightest shade CVS carried. I am now looking at the site and the two lightest shades are Ivory 800 and Classic Ivory 805... My particular bottle says Ivory 805 so now I am confused. Either way I have used it once and must say that Judy didn't let me down! It's a wonderful foundation that provides very full coverage but still feels fairly light. I must say that this has great potential to become my favorite foundation, plus it has a pump!

Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Sticks ($8.99 each): I have already done a post comparing these to the CoverGirl alternative if you want specific details. I picked up three more darker shades: Soft Raspberry, Plum Perfect, and Rich Raisin.

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in 908C Sugar Plum Fairy ($1.99): The fact that I have recently became addicted to MAC products (yes, I know its another bandwagon that I was late jumping on) hasn't made my wallet very happy. Granted, I haven't bought loads of products but I still love their lipsticks! So when I wanted to try MAC's Rebel lipstick (which is $15) I went searching the internet for dupes and came across this Wet n Wild shade. I tried it on as soon as I got back to the car and am not quite sure what I think yet. For starters the formula is a nightmare... I had the hardest time getting a smooth application and it made my lips look even drier than they were. After five minutes of touching up the color was okay. It's VERY dark but pretty in its own way. I have a photo on Instagram of this as well, help me make a decision and let me know what you think!

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Light ($6.99): Everyone is talking about this concealer but it just hasn't done it for me. I've used it for about two days so far and its not a bad product. The only problem that I have is the color. Even using the lightest shade in the line it's a little dark for my skin tone and isn't very brightening. It doesn't cater to my fair complexion therefor I will be returning it. 

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer ($5.99): I decided to give this a try because it is another one of those "highlighting concealers". I figured I could do another post comparing it to the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch concealer because they are both marketed as concealers that highlight. From a swatch, this product seems nice but I haven't gotten a chance to really try it out yet. Let me know if you are interested in that comparison! 

     So that is what I picked up on my latest trip to the drugstore. If you have any questions or would like to request a certain product review just leave me a comment below!

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment