Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Makeup and Clothing Haul 2/12/13

     I woke up bright and early to shop until I dropped this morning... well, not exactly. Jerome was having a test for school up in the area and we planned on meeting for lunch at a place right behind the mall. This is a mall that I don't get to go to very often so I had to figure out a way to get in there! I had class at 3:30 and wouldn't have had time to run in after lunch so I decided to go early! It worked out perfectly and I was there for about 2 hours. Here's what I got...

Makeup:



     I went to return two eyeshadows (Cranberry and Haux) and a blush (Breath of Plum) from MAC in hope of an exchange for different colors. For the price of these shadows I wanted to have something that I would constantly reach for while doing my makeup and those shades weren't doing that for me. I began with eyeshadows and decided to get some of the most popular shades that I had heard of. I ended up purchasing All That Glitters, Satin Taupe, and Omega. I also have been on the hunt for a matte red lipstick and decided to check out what this brand offered. The very nice lady had me try three shades and I fell in love with the very first one. I tried on Ronnie Red from the new Archie's Girls line and Russian Red as well as Viva Glam 5 (I believe) from their permanent line. If you can fall in love with a lipstick I definitely have. I purchased Ronnie Red and seriously am so excited to wear it. I also purchased MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light because of all the hype. I think I'll really enjoy it!

     I ran into Sephora to return the Benefit's They're Real Mascara and the Make Up For Ever concealer from my first post. I ended up seeing the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar display and about jumped for joy! I knew they carried these on the website but I'm always afraid to order makeup shades online. I ended up purchasing the shade Strumpet as well as the small $10 version of the Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo I had heard so much about. The lip tars are AMAZING! I still have on the color that I applied in the store. A review will be coming very soon.

Clothes:




     I only ran into a few clothing stores and I am really happy with what I found. At Gap I found two casual sweaters that I love wearing with my J Crew Pixi Pants. The top one is navy with pink hearts on the front and back. I loved how this sweater continued to have the pattern on the front as well as back, usually I tend to see the pattern stopping on the front. I got the same style sweater in a different color and pattern also. The bottom one is navy with grey stripes with a color blocking detail of neon pink across the neckline. The top photo does not do it justice because its showing up orange- that is why I included the second picture, say hi to Snoball!

     Next up was H&M. I browsed through Forever XXI without any luck (that store is very hit or miss for me and I HATE their return policy). I came across this lace, black dress and decided to give it a try. It looks so much better on than it did on the hanger. It fits like a glove and I love the little cap sleeves. My style is definitely simple, classic, and girly and this dress fits that perfectly. It will become my go to little black dress in no time.

     Overall, it was a very successful shopping day! I am super excited to begin using/ wearing all of these products. I hope you enjoy these kinds of posts and I'll have another review up soon featuring the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks.

Love, Lacey

2 comments:

  1. I love the black dress! I think you'll love the Mac Mineralized Skinfinish. It seriously transforms even my ok foundation into an airbrushed finish. I'm curious about the lip tar as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephanie! Thanks, I really like it too. I have finally got to use my MAC MSF and am loving it! The lip tars are definitely different- I'm going to do a review really soon!

      Delete