Saturday, February 2, 2013

January 2013 Favorites

     Introducing my first monthly favorites post! How will these work you might ask? Well, at the end of each month I will be showing my most used and most loved products from that particular month. These products can be new favorites or holy grail products that I have loved for ages. They can range from skincare, makeup, hair products, and even clothing items! So without further ado here are my favorite products for January 2013!


 T.N Dickinson's Witch Hazel ($5.99): I picked this up at Walgreens about two months ago because my skin had been acting up.Witch Hazel is an astringent that is supposedly less drying than alcohol and I would have to agree! I have very dry skin (especially in the winter) and this didn't dry my skin out nearly as much as straight alcohol would. I only apply it to blemishes but do use it all over my face once a week. I apply it with a cotton ball and it feels very refreshing. I noticed that my skin looks more radiant and it definitely dries and heals breakouts faster.

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser ($13.59): I was on the market for a new facial cleanser when I came across this line in Seventeen magazine. It is very comparable to Cetaphil which I have used in the past. It is a creamy, moisturizing, simple cleanser that doesn't lather but definitely does it's job. During the winter even Philosophy Purity leaves my skin feeling tight and dry after cleansing- CeraVe combats that and works well with my acne medication. It contains ceramides and hyaluronic acid which protect the skins natural barrier. It may seem pricey for a cleanser, but you get 12 fl oz and it even includes a pump which I love!

CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM ($13.99): This is a great moisturizer with SPF 30 and the same protecting properties as the CeraVe cleanser. I use one pump of this every morning after washing my face and it makes my skin feel so nice! It isn't too heavy to wear under a full face of makeup but isn't too thin so it adequately moisturizes my very dry skin. The SPF 30 keeps my face protected all day and it too includes a pump to ensure that you aren't wasting any product.

L'Oreal Lash Boosting Serum ($14.99): I have been using this product for a little over a year and I have definitely seen improvement! It says on the packaging to apply this every night and morning to the lashes and lash line- however I only apply it to my lashes about three nights a week. I will say that it takes about a month to see results but it has made my lashes noticeably longer. As far as volume- it lacks in that department but the extra length is very rewarding when applying mascara!

E.L.F Eyebrow Lifter and Filler in Ivory/Light ($3.00): For $3 you hands down cannot beat this product. This was a long lost product that I never used after purchasing it MONTHS ago but found it while cleaning out one of my makeup drawers recently. Since finding it I have used it nearly every day to fill in and set my eyebrows. It is a waxy pencil on one end and a creamier highlighting color on the other. I mainly stick to the "filler" side using it to draw a few times across each eyebrow and comb through them with a spoolie. The color is a great way to fill in sparse areas while the wax keeps the hairs in place all day.

Eyeco London Skinny Mini Liquid Black Liner (Set w/ mascara $16.00): I received this felt tip eyeliner in my Birchbox this month and it was an instant favorite! I had been using the Maybelline Line Stiletto for a few weeks but this liner gives you an even more precise line and pointier wing if you are doing wined liner. It is VERY black and the tip hasn't dried out a single bit after one month of use. I do make sure to store it cap side down though to help prevent dryness.

Clarisonic PLUS Skin Cleansing System ($225): Before you have a heart attack let me just say that I didn't pay full price for this! I am very lucky to have a family member who works at a department store and I purchased this when it was very much on sale! Hands down out of literally everything I own I use this baby the most. It is essentially just a skin cleansing brush that is said to remove 6X more makeup and 2X more dirt than washing with your hands. I remember the first few times I used this brush because my skin was unbelievably smooth! I love using this brush because of those benefits but also for just the peace of mind that I am keeping my skin as healthy as possible for the future.

NIVEA Raspberry Rose Kiss Lip Butter (2/ $5.00): I've heard so much about these in the YouTube beauty community (especially Ingrid's high remarks) that I couldn't resist opening this in the car immediately after walking out of CVS. These are great- other than the fact that I gouged a huge hole in it with the first swipe of my finger because it is so soft! I personally bought this scent because I can't resist rose anything and it is divine. They moisturize like no other and really do sooth my very hard to please, chapped winter lips. My mom even tried it and was sold- I'm going back to pick up the others very soon. Eventually these will be all over the house!

Sigma F84 Angled Kabuki ($18.00): All of the brushes in the Sigma Synthetic Kabuki Kit are fabulous. It you are not into applying your foundation with a brush, you have not yet tried these. I have used the flat and round top brushes in this kit just as much but have been particularly loving this one this month. It has more flexibility in the bristles than the other two I just mentioned, which is nice when buffing in thinker foundations (like Rimmel Lasting Finish or the new CoverGirl Outlast 3in1 Foundation). 

     I hope you enjoyed my January monthly favorites and let me know some of your favorites of the month or moment in the comments below!

Love, Lacey

2 comments:

  1. I loooove the Eyeko - received it in my BB as well!

    The Nivea lip butters are AMAZING! You must try the others too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously can't wait to try the others! Which one is your favorite? I've heard so many people who weren't happy with their January Birchbox, but I was so pleased with mine! :)

      Delete