Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation vs. Wet N Wild CoverALL Cream Foundation

     I had been trying out Wet N Wild's new foundation for a few days when it hit me... this foundation was very similar to one that Carah Amelie (one of my favorite YouTubers) got me hooked on! They can both be found at the drugstore and are great formulas. As always, if you want to check out the product's site just click the links provided!

Price: $7.49
Size: 1 FL. OZ.
Shade: 100 Ivory
Shade Selection: 10
Packaging: A small, compact squeeze tube that would be great for travel.
Packaging Claims: "Sweat, heat, and humidity proof for up to 25 hours. Transfer resistant. Enriched with a revitalizing Mineral Complex and moisturizing Aqua Primer. Skin feels energized and hydrated all day. Naturally flawless, hydrating, and light-weight feel".
Application: I would recommend any of the Sigma Face Kabuki brushes. I used the Sigma F82 in particular.
Finish: Natural finish- not too dewey, not too matte.

Price: $3.99- but included an instant $1 off coupon making it $2.99.
Size: 1 FL. OZ.
Shade: 816 Fair/Light
Shade Selection: 7
Packaging: A flatter, slightly smaller version of the Rimmel packaging.
Packaging Claims: "All day wear with medium to full coverage. It's light-weight and contains the VisiBright™ complex which reduces the appearance of wrinkles and rejuvenates skin".
Application: I would recommend any of the Sigma Face Kabuki brushes. I used the Sigma F84 in particular.
Finish: Satin- matte.

Product Photos:



-In both pictures Rimmel is on the left and Wet N Wild is on the right.
-The Rimmel foundation is slightly darker and thinner than the Wet N Wild one. 
-Both blend easily. However, due to Rimmel's slightly tacky finish (which I will touch on later) it does require a little more effort.

Coverage Photos:
NOTE: All of these before and after photos contain ONLY foundation.
  
     This is the left side of my face without and with the Wet N Wild CoverALL Cream Foundation. Even though this side isn't as bad as my right side scarring wise, I was very pleased with the coverage! This side has slightly more of a matte finish and that is what I personally prefer.

   This is the right side of my face without and with the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation. I have moderate acne scarring and this foundation combatted the redness and discoloration fairly well. 

     Here is an overall view with Wet N Wild on the left and Rimmel on the right.

These are both great foundations and it was very hard to choose a winner... Here are my overall thoughts.

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation:
Overall Texture/ Application: I simply adored this foundation after hearing Carah rave about it. It applies nicely but with a little work blending wise. The shade (for being the lightest one) isn't very light in my opinion so I'd be cautious in choosing your shade if you have a very fair complexion like me.
Overall Feel Once this foundation sets it has a unique feel- it is slightly tacky! I was unsure in the beginning about this aspect but I grew to love it! The finish allows for a great base when applying other products- concealer, blush, bronzer etc. You actually feel like it has something to stick to.
Overall Scent: When applying the foundation the scent isn't very noticeable but it does have a fresh, clean scent that I enjoy.
Overall Wear: This wears very well and does last longer on the skin compared to some of my other foundations. Addressing the claims it holds up fairly well. As far as sweat, heat and humidity PROOF... resistant would have been a better term in my opinion. Granted, I haven't ran a marathon wearing this but for day to day wear it does hold up.

Wet N Wild CoverALL Cream Foundation:
Overall Texture/ Application: This product really surprised me. I had never tried a Wet N Wild foundation before and I am really glad I did! For the price, this is an amazing foundation that you can't beat. I do prefer the packaging of this product slightly, due to the fact that you have more control dispensing the product. Application was easy, I just buffed it into my skin in circular motions with my Sigma brush.
Overall Feel: I enjoy satin- matte finishes because I feel like they bring out my blue eyes! Even though there isn't a huge difference between the finishes of these two products, I must say that I prefer this one slightly more. It does feels light-weight on the skin, however I am a little skeptical of the VisiBright™complex this product advertises. Can a foundation REALLY reduce the look of wrinkles? I would put my money on a skin care product rather than a foundation in that area. 
Overall Scent: This also has a very faint scent and I will admit that it doesn't smell nearly as good as it's competitor. It has a chemically/ chlorine scent that isn't pleasant but also isn't off putting.
Overall Wear This foundation has slightly better coverage when it comes to my hyper pigmentation and acne scarring. This too would be a nice foundation for day to day wear if you are looking for a flawless finish.

Bottom Line: I had been wearing Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation almost daily since purchasing it, however I found it's match! Even though I won't be returning either product, I will be reaching for Wet N Wild's product more because of the... 

1. PRICE
2. Coverage
3. Finish

Love, Lacey

2 comments:

  1. great review!! i hate how dark some of the rimmel products are though...i tried a different foundation by them i dont remember what its called but it was way too orange for me.. followed! stop by my blog?

    :)

    stephanieslook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I stopped by and followed about a week ago! Sorry, I'm just getting around to replying to comments. :) Love your blog btw! You have such beautiful hair!

      Delete