Saturday, February 9, 2013

NIVEA Lip Butter

     NIVEA's new Lip Butter's are the hottest product on the market right now. Many YouTubers have raved about these, including Ingrid! From my understanding they have been available in the UK for some time now, but have recently been produced and sold for the US. These are a wonderful product and I had to do a review.

Price: I've seen anywhere from $2.50-$3.99.
Size: 0.59 FL. OZ.
Marketed As: "A product enriched with Shea Butter and Almond Oil to intensely moisturize and soothe dry lips for long-lasting care. This rich formula melts into lips providing long-lasting nourishment to make all your kisses better".


     There are three different scents (Caramel Cream Kiss, Raspberry Rose Kiss, and Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss) along with one un-scented version (Smooth Kiss). I initially purchased Raspberry Rose Kiss to try out the product then picked up the others recently.


     -Each has a slight variation in color but all come off clear on the lips. These are VERY soft- I practically gouged a hole in it with my finger using it for the first time. It has the same consistency of a body butter- very smooth and creamy but fairly thick. 


Packaging PROS:
     1. The tin opens easily with each use. I have the Smith's Rosebud Salve that I purchased from Sephora and that sucker is so hard to open! Have you ever owned a product like that? So annoying!
     2. The tins are also slim and compact making them great for your purse!
Packaging CONS
     1. The inside of the tin lid gets pretty dirty. By dirty, I mean the product transfers. Since this product is so creamy a small peak is created when you pull your finger away from getting product. This peak then transfers to the lid when it is put back on.
     2. They dont have the most sanitary packaging. With each use you are adding more germs and bacteria to the entire product, and thus your lips. I know this doesn't bother some people but if it does this could be a concern!
     
     As far as moisturizing the lips these are really nice. They do exactly what they are meant to do! I have worn them alone and under lipstick with great results. I usually apply it before doing my makeup every morning! Here are my overall thoughts...

Overall Texture/ Application: Very, very nice. The texture is exactly what I look for in a lip balm- creamy, smooth, and slightly thick.
Overall Feel: These are thick enough to stay put and do their job, but thin enough to feel comfortable on the lips.
Overall Scent: Personally, I prefer the Raspberry Rose scent- I am a sucker for anything rose. As for the others, I can do without. They smell nice but aren't up my ally- I am definitely more of a floral person than someone who likes food scents. I ended up giving the Vanilla & Macadamia one to my mom and I will be returning the others.
Overall Wear: I'd say these lasted anywhere up to a few hours on the lips- they also make a great over night lip treatment! As with any other lip product you will have to reapply throughout the day.

Bottom Line: I am so happy these finally made it over to the US! They hold up to all the hype and will be carried around with me wherever I go. Whether they are in my purse or vanity I will always be reaching for them.

Love, Lacey

2 comments:

  1. Good review! I'd been curious about these after hearing Ingrid rave about them. I'd wandered about the scents too. Looks like I'll be picking up Rasberry Rose Kiss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review dear! <33 I love these so much! The Raspberry Rose one smells divine! :)

    XO,
    http://rosychicc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete