Saturday, March 2, 2013

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation

     I think every girl is constantly on the search for the perfect foundation. What works for one person won't work for the next so it's a never ending journey. Companies come out with different foundation formulas multiple times a year so it can get confusing! Whether you have dry, oily, or combination skin I promise that there's a product out there for you that will make you feel flawless and confident! Will this be your perfect match?

     After watching ItsJudyTime's first impression I had to try out this new foundation from CoverGirl. It is a product that is meant to provide full coverage with lasting power. Will this satisfy even the toughest foundation critic?! Lets find out...

CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation:
Price: $10.99
Size: 1 FL. OZ.
Shade: 805
Shade Selection: 14
Marketed As: "All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step. The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long".
Directions: "Using a disposable sponge wedge or clean fingertips, dab a small amount of foundation on the center of your cheeks. Blend outward toward the edges of the face, concentrating on uneven areas and decreasing intensely toward the hairline".
Finish: Satin-matte

Product Photos:




Coverage Photos:

-Left side-

-Right side-

-Before and After-

     I was extremely impressed with the coverage of this foundation. It is the best drugstore foundation for it's price that I have seen in awhile. Here are my overall thoughts...

Overall Application: I used my Sigma Round Top Kabuki F82 to apply this product. It is on the thicker side as far as foundations go but blends nicely into the skin. Sometimes thick foundations can be hard to work with, but not this one!
Overall Color: I went between the lightest two shades when purchasing this and ended up getting the lightest one. This foundation applies light then slightly darkens once it sets. If you are going between two shades at the drugstore I would recommend picking up the lighter one. As far as selection goes I was pleased. The line seemed to have a nice range of shades.
Overall Formula: I have fallen in love with this formula. One pump covers my entire face and blends in smoothly and effortlessly. It's a great finish that would flatter almost all skin types and leaves the skin feeling soft and silky. I would definitely say that this foundation seems to include a primer as the claim suggests! However, I did find myself applying concealer even though it is supposed to include concealer like coverage. My acne scarring caused me to apply more coverage to those areas but for people with normal skin conditions concealer wouldn't be needed. I will say that if worse came to worse and I didn't have a concealer available, I would be pleased with the amount of coverage this product provides. I could see myself applying this on a lazy day and running out the door with just some added mascara.
Overall Packaging: Thank you CoverGirl! I would give this products packaging an A+! It's a sturdy, thick, glass bottle that includes a pump- how much better can you get?
Overall Scent: This foundation does have a moderately strong alcohol-y makeup scent. It is a scent that I find more pleasant than bad though! It is not something that I smell while putting it on and it doesn't seem to last very long after application.
Overall Wear: You've done it CoverGirl. This product applies, feels and wears like a dream. I don't have to worry about touching up throughout the normal work day or while I'm running errands on the weekend. For my skin tone and type, this product wore wonderfully.

Bottom Line: I will be recommending this foundation to anyone I come across. I could see it being a little heavy for those with great skin who like a more natural coverage though. It is hands down the BEST drugstore foundation I have tried and I feel like it will be holding that title for a while. I will be keeping this product and it holds the award for my go to flawless face foundation for three reasons...
1. Formula
2. Coverage
3. Price (it feels like a high-end product!) 


Love, Lacey

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I did not like this foundation at first but after I went back to using my ole stand by Aveeno Moisturizer with it, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, really? I had never heard of that problem.. interesting! At least you found something that works for you! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with the first commenter - you have great reviews! and I got so excited when I read that you used your Sigma Kabuki brush. I've been raving over that brush forever. it's amazing :) glad I found your blog today!

    xo, samantha
    www.sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much! I love the Sigma brushes too! I followed as well. :)

      Delete