Friday, March 8, 2013

Introducing Bite Beauty!

     Say hello to my new obsession... Bite Beauty. I came across this brand while wasting time in a Sephora that I don't get to go into very often. As I was browsing the displays I came across unfamiliar territory. There was Bite Beauty in all its glory just waiting to be swatched. If you are a lip product fanatic (like myself), you would have been just as engaged as I was in this line of solely lip items.

     After talking to a very nice worker, I found out that this new brand was just released to Sephora stores and their website. It is originally a Canadian brand that prides itself on creating food grade lip products that are "good enough to eat". The thought behind this idea is that fact that when we wear lip sticks, glosses, chapsticks, and lip liners it undoubtedly goes into our mouths at some point during the day. With all of the preservatives, parabens, and other harmful chemicals most formulas contain, we are essentially ingesting ingredients that are harmful to our bodies every time we apply our favorite lip color. With Bite Beauty that all changes. Every lip product in their line is between 92% and 100% natural and contains resveratrol which is an antioxidant-rich ingredient found in red wine!

     I am hands down BLOWN away by this brand and wanted to share the first products that I purchased from this line with you...

Product Photos:

-I purchased one Luminous Creme Lipstick ($24 and 92% natural), one Lush Lip Tint ($24 and 100% natural), and one Matte Creme Lipstick ($24 and 96% natural).




-Palomino, Raspberry, and Pastille Rosebud.


-I seriously cannot get over the pigmentation- especially with the lipsticks!

Application Photos: 
*Please excuse the fact that I don't have makeup on!*
-Palomino Luminous Creme Lipstick-


-Raspberry Lush Lip Tint-


-Pastille Rosebud Matte Creme Lipstick-


     Granted, I only purchased these three formulas. They also have a High Pigmented Matte Pencil ($24), a Honey Lip Lacquer ($24), a Cinnamon Plumping Lip Oil ($22), Lip Shine Glosses ($20), a Superfruit Butter ($18), and a Whipped Cherry Lip Scrub ($18). Here are my overall thoughts for the entire brand...

*Please keep in mind that I only based this review on the three products I purchased from this line*

Overall Application: All three of these products glided on with ease and great pigmentation! I could get away with one or two swipes across my lips and I was good to go. I didn't even need a lip brush to go around my lip line. Of course the Lush Lip Tint glided on with more moisture and shine than the lipsticks but that is what I was expecting.
Overall Color: Love, love, love! They have an amazing array of colors- from neutrals to pinks to reds. I must say that my favorite shade is Palomino but love the other two as well. The Lush Lip Tint is great for your purse and the Pastille Rosebud shade is a perfect borderline red that isn't too bright for daytime.
Overall Formula: Once again love, love, love! I have never come across a lipstick formula that I honestly like more than these. Both the Luminous Creme and Matte Creme formulas glide on effortlessly with just the right amount of thickness for a great opaque color. They are on the thick side of formulas but I love this aspect because it helps them stay in place. They feel great on the lips and are not drying- which is especially great for a matte formula! The Lush Lip Tint has a great feel as well. It glides on wonderfully and is about the same consistency as a chapstick. It is moisturizing and glossy but I wouldn't use this as a substitute for a normal chapstick on a regular basis. I must say though that some condensation builds up around the lipstick when in the tube. This could be because of the formula but doesn't affect the product at all.
Overall Packaging: I found the packaging of this brand pretty peculiar. The shapes of the two different lipsticks I bought threw me off but it is kind of clever since the brand is called Bite Beauty. The packaging feels very similar to NARS packaging, sort of rubbery and can get dirty quickly if in a makeup bag. I found the overall look of the packaging and display very sleek and modern. I love the dark grey packaging with small black letters. All of the products that I purchased closed very securely and felt durable. Unfortunately there is one negative aspect of this packaging... You don't get very much product. Bummer! I understand that it may cost more to make a food grade product but for $24 I felt a little bit ripped off.
Overall Price: These are a tad bit expensive for how much product you get. I understand that they are a special brand and formula but it isn't for everybody. These will be products that I save for special occasions or days where I want to feel extra confident! 
Overall Scent: Each of them has the same mild, sweet scent that reminds me of red wine. It isn't anything too overpowering, just something you notice for a short period of time when applying it.
Overall Wear: The wear of these products was pretty typical of a regular lipstick formula. They aren't meant to be long-wearing but I did have a tint of color still left on my lips after eating. Again, they weren't overly drying and didn't settle into the cracks of my dry lips. They also stayed glossy and vibrant during the time I was wearing them and not eating. The Lush Lip Tint had a little less staying power but that is expected. It still wore nicely and didn't build up on the lips after reapplying multiple times.

Bottom Line: I have died and gone to lipstick heaven! They are a little pricey and you don't get much bang for your buck, but I just can't get over the formula and opacity. They feel great, glide on effortlessly, and look beautiful while being good for you. I will undoubtedly be going back for more shades and products from this line and have no shame doing it!

Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment