Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 2013 Favorites

     Is it just me or does this month feel like it's flown by?! A lot has happened in this last month both good and bad but things are finally starting to look up. Gotta keep a positive attitude right? I have been swatching like crazy these last few days and have some really great posts to welcome in my birthday month of April. Below are the products (and one food item) that I have been loving during the month of March. I have been wearing minimal makeup this month so these products are essentially my go-to natural face, enjoy!


Neutrogena Moisturesmooth Color Stick in Bright Berry ($8.99): We all have our days of just wanting to look naturally pretty. We don't want to spend 30 minutes putting on a full face but we do want to look rested, radiant, and ready to take on the day! Those days (which I've been having a lot of recently) have been when I turn to this product. It adds just enough color to my face without being too overbearing. If you are having a good skin day and just rocking some mascara, turn to this too finish off your look. If you want to know more details about this product please refer to my blog comparing them to the CoverGirl equivalent here.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light ($30.00): I purchased this product a couple of months ago and have been really enjoying it. However, I am including this for a reason you would never guess! Yes, I like the finish it gives my skin when setting my liquid foundation but this month I have found an awesome trick! I actually use this powder with my Sigma E40 (I'll touch on that in a second) to apply it to my eyelids. This may sound crazy, but it does wonders for my fair skin! Like I said above, I have been loving the natural look lately and this helps me skip eyeshadow and head straight to mascara. After setting my foundation with a large powder brush as normal, I get out my blending brush and sweep it across the product. I then just buff it from my lash line to brow bone and it takes care of any discoloration on my eye lids.

Milani Blush in Dolce Pink ($7.99): This is a cult favorite in the beauty community and now I see why. I've had it for a few months but never loved it until I kept reaching for it this month. I love the fact that it is sheer because I don't have to worry about adding to much. It goes on effortlessly and adds just enough life to my cheeks to complement any look. It worried me at first glance because it does contain a fair amount of glitter, but on the skin it adds a nice glow to the cheeks that is going to be perfect for summer.

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Mont Blanc ($44.00): Yes, that little sample jar is what I am talking about here and oh my goodness! I have heard a lot about this foundation on YouTube and thought I would head to my Sephora to check it out. I picked up a sample and couldn't wait to try it. I was expecting a pretty sheer foundation but was pleasantly surprised when I got this home. It covers fantastically- even to the point where I can skip concealer! It leaves the skin looking natural and fresh and the color matches me perfectly. You will DEFINITELY be hearing more about this in the future- I even asked my parents for it for my birthday! I definitely think that this has the possibility to become my holy grail foundation. Fingers crossed!

Sigma Large Angled Contour F40 ($16.00): I don't have much to say about this brush other than it's good at it's job! I have been using it with the Milani blush mentioned above and have been very pleased with the end result. It fits my cheeks perfects and could be used for blush or bronzer.

Sigma Tapered Blending E40 Brush ($12.00): Again, this is just a good, nice quality brush to have. I originally bought this to use as an eyeshadow blending brush but found that it worked perfectly to set my under eye concealer. From there, I started using it to conceal my eye lids as well and was hooked! My only complaint is that it could be a tab bit softer but hey, it's definitely close to perfect!


Naturally Curly Wide Tooth Comb ($2.50): This is kind of an odd favorite but who cares! My mom got me a kit from naturallycurly.com a few years ago and this came with it. The funny thing is that I have used this the most out of all the products that came with it! I use it every time I shower to comb through my conditioner and it hangs perfectly on the bar. It is wide enough to comb through easily but gets tangles out efficiently. They are very inexpensive and every girl needs one! I couldn't find the exact link for this comb but found a very similar one. If you are looking to purchase, check your local grocery or drugstore before ordering online. I've seen these everywhere! 

Healthy Choice Strawberry Greek Frozen Yogurt ($15.00 for pack of 12): I want one of these right now! I had to include them because I have been eating them nonstop this month. They are a new product and the box that I get comes with 6 Strawberry and 6 Vanilla Bean flavors. I can definitely say that I prefer Strawberry out of the two and they are only 100 calories a cup making them a great post workout snack. I was on the site finding a link to these and realized that they came in many more flavors! Blueberry and raspberry sound right up my alley, I'll have to head to the store!

As always, let me know your favorites for this month down below!
Love, Lacey

2 comments:

  1. We have very simular favorites! I will have to try the eyeshadow trick with my MAC Minerlized SkinFinish. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete