Friday, March 15, 2013

Birchbox Unboxing March 2013

     I received my Birchbox a few days ago and couldn't wait to see what I got! I seriously feel like I am beginning to receive my boxes later than I used to. Anyway, I stay away from all of the spoiler posts and videos because I love the surprise. This months box was all about March Madness and finding your ultimate beauty lineup! Here is what I received...






Madewell for Birchbox Emery Board (Free): This was a super cute find in my box this month. I've actually been into a Madewell store and I must say, it is very nice! I always carry a nail file in my purse because I have thin nails that break easily and create sharp edges. This was included as a "Beauty Extra" and valued at $5.00. I must say I was very happy!

Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment ($9.51): I was thrilled to see this product and not to mention it's packaging! I am a huge fan of hair oils but have not gotten a chance to try this one yet. The bottle is heavy, durable, and high-quality. It is a fairly light oil and the scent reminds me of Chi Silk Infusion- It smells like cologne! I will be getting a lot of use out of this.

MAKE Dual-Phase Eye Makeup Remover ($4.50): I will admit that I don't use specific eye makeup removers on a daily basis. I will probably have this sample for a very long time but find them handy when removing stubborn lipstick. This has the feel of any regular eye makeup remover and leaves a little bit of oil residue. The smell is faint, the packaging is cute, and I love that it is a two toned product.

SAGE + fasten Common Sense Eau de Parfum ($3.50): I could see this scent being great for summer! It is on the fruity side containing lotus flower, peach, and lychee and is also free of parabens, sulfates, and synthetics. I was surprised to see that this was actually packaged as a small rollerball and love that! It would be prefect for your purse and even though I am more of a floral person, I'll be reaching for it.

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque (Free): Even though this was packaged in a foil packet I am not too annoyed. This is a great product that was included as a "Beauty Extra" and is valued at $2.12. Cool thing is that I already own the full size! I got it as a birthday gift from my parents about a year ago and love the results it gives. It leaves the hair very soft, manageable, and shiny after the first use. Not to mention, it smells great! I will either give this to someone in my family or just open it and add it to my tub in the shower! If you are using it for the first time you should be able to get 1-2 uses out of this packet depending on your hair type and length.

MAKE Silk Cream Lipstick (estimated at about $2.00): Is this a joke? Seriously... I have never seen a smaller lipstick. Last summer Birchbox customers received a full size Laura Geller lipstick and now we are getting this? I was so excited when I peaked at the card and saw that we received a lipstick this month, then I about died when my boyfriend pulled this out of the box. It's cute and all but it's not even packaged in a twist up lipstick form. I will admit that the color is pretty and I love the fact that 1/3 of all sales go to charity, but give us something a little better than this. Please!

=$19.51 and a 5/10

*With the Beauty Extras included, this box is worth $26.63.*

If you receive Birchbox don't forget to rate your products this month!

Love, Lacey

2 comments:

  1. looks like you've got some great goodies here! X thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some good stuff! We got totally different items. I'm dissapointed with the sample sizes. That lipstick is ridiculous! I'm considering switching to Glossybox.

    makeupandmochamint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete