Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Revlon Lip Butter Spring Collection 2013

     You will not believe the amount of time I spent searching for these four little quilted packages. After hearing Ingrid (aka missglamorazzi on YouTube) talk about the new Spring line from Revlon I started my search. On countless trips to CVS and Walgreens I always left empty handed- well maybe not empty handed but I could never find these! On one random trip about a week ago I found them secretly hidden, not amongst the original lip butter shades but up at the top of the display with other new products. I jumped for joy and bought one of each! Here are the swatches and my review...





Application Photos:

047 Pink Lemonade

     This shade ended up being way too cool for my skin tone. It would be the perfect pick-me-up for anyone with medium- deep skin though! I am not a fan of a nude lip on me and find that I need more color to my lips to look put together and awake. I will be returning this shade.

027 Juicy Papaya

     This exact peachy pink shade is one that I always gravitate towards if I am looking to go natural. It warms up my fair skin and the amount of glossiness is great! If you want a similar product check out my comparison here. The Neutrogena shade in Fresh Papaya is very similar but I will still be keeping this product because I love the formula so much!

053 Sorbet

     I was so happy that this line came out with some more bright shades this Spring. This is a pinky, red shade that is what I think of when I think of a Spring lip color. It has more pink to it than red but you can see that from afar it has a sort of berry tone to it. I am curious as to how similar this will be to their original shade Lollipop, I'll have to look into that!

063 Wild Watermelon

     This is the most dramatic color in this group of new shades and I am very intrigued. It is a unique shade and is a cross between a red and deep berry tone. Out of the four, this would be one of the two shades (the other being Pink Lemonade) I wouldn't reach for on a daily basis. It is pretty, but too over powering for light, warm weather makeup.

     For those of you who are familiar with this formulation from Revlon I am sure you are hooked, if not you need to try them! They are the most comfortable drugstore lip product that I own and the colors in their original line are great as well (my favorite is Lollipop)! They have the perfect level of glossiness, moisture, and creaminess and leave your lips looking hydrated even hours after application. As for the staying power, I have noticed that the darker shades in the original line lightly stain your lips. However, you would still need to reapply the product for a fresher look. If you are interested in trying this formulation and would like to see a whole review of the shades I have, please leave a comment below!

     Bottom Line: I am thrilled that I finally found these new Spring colors from Revlon and am overall satisfied with their choices! I think that there is a nice mix of, light, natural, and bold colors and that's hard to do with only four new shades. I will be keeping all of the colors except Pink Lemonade for one reason...
1. It didn't compliment my skin tone

Love, Lacey

5 comments:

  1. juicy papaya is soooo pretty! but i just bought tutti frutti which is like a brighter version so i don't think i could justify buying one thats similar lol

    great review!

    stephanieslook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I agree! I have never tried Tutti Frutti so thanks for letting me know that it is similar! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been looking everywhere fore Juicy Papaya but it's always sold out! All of these shades look so pretty on you! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's terrible! I am sure you will come across it eventually. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. So want to get my hands on wild watermelon!

    ReplyDelete