Friday, April 26, 2013

CVS and Walgreens Haul 4/25/13

     Hello guys! I have some amazing new things coming to this blog and I can't wait to share them with you. I have set out to fulfill my dream of being a "blogtuber" and yes I am coining that term! After spending way too much money on drugstore products yesterday, I sat down and filmed my very first YouTube video. I will always have a love for my blog but I wanted to begin branching out. I found it a lot easier to sit down for 30 minutes to film rather than typing everything out. I hope you all will send me your support and ideas to help improve my videos. I will now be recording videos occasionally and posting them to my channel but will always include additional information here.

So, here it is!


CVS Products

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup in 10 Classic Ivory ($13.99): I used this today and was really impressed with the formula. It reminded me a lot of NARS Sheer Glow because it is fairly liquidy but has a nice coverage to it. It lasted all day even with being outside and I enjoyed the natural finish.
Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in 110 Porcelain Ivory ($9.99): Haven't gotten the chance to try this yet.
Revlon PhotoReady Cream Blush in 200 Flushed ($12.99): I applied this today with the ELF small stipple brush I mentioned and loved the wash of color it gave my cheeks!
Revlon ColorStay Under Eye Concealer in 610 Fair ($9.99): I thought that this did have a little more coverage than my CoverGirl & Olay under eye concealer because it is slightly thicker. The color wasn't as brightening as I was looking for but I do see myself keeping this.
Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious in Blackest Black ($7.99): This brush was interesting because even though it was a natural brush rather than a rubber one, it was very stiff. It did okay in the volume department but I noticed more length. However, it did smudge and flake slightly... no bueno!
Maybelline Lash Discovery in Very Black ($8.99): This brush is so cute! It is perfect for the bottom lashes and did a good job with separating and fanning them out. I did find out though that this only comes in the black shade. Bummer!

Walgreens Products

Essie Nail Color in In The Cab-Ana ($8.00): I am already in love with this color and will be painting my nails with it in about an hour! 

*UPDATE PHOTO*

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Polish in Rosy Outlook ($7.99 but on sale for $6.29)
Revlon ColorStay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in 585 Sea Mist ($7.49): I swatched this after filming and the quality is okay. They are not bright or vibrant but you can still see the different colors clearly. I applied some quickly to my lid without primer and found that the color does show up well once on the eye. I will be using this palette in the morning as I get ready and will have a better feel for it then.

I hope you enjoyed this newly formatted haul! I really loved filming it for you and am looking forward to doing the "What's in my Purse" tag next.
Love, Lacey

1 comment:

  1. I love that Essie color! So fun for spring!

    I would love if you would also follow my blog! Here is the address:
    http://crazybusymama.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete