Monday, April 8, 2013

21st Birthday Haul

     Yet another year has gone by and I cannot believe that I am 21 years old. As weird as it is, I do feel a little bit older this time around and can't wait to see what the year has to bring. My family and I celebrated my birthday with Easter this year (I did a whole blog post on it here) and my actually birthday was last Thursday, April 4th. Here is what I ended up getting...

Makeup:

Lorac Pro Palette: This was a gift from my wonderful boyfriend. On my actual birthday he took me to the Cheesecake Factory and to get this! I had been wanting this palette forever and have used it a few times over the weekend. The matte colors are just phenomenal and you can create so many looks with this palette!

Too Faced Matte Eye Shadow Collection: This was a gift from my mom and dad (along with all of the MAC goodies) and I can't wait to try it out! This was a palette that I had passed up many times after looking at it in Sephora because I could never justify getting it for myself. At first glance I don't feel like this would be a one stop palette but can't wait to try it in conjunction with some other eye shadows.

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Vintage Selection: I tried this out a MAC counter recently and fell in love. I am pretty familiar with cream eye shadows and love the one I currently own from Make Up For Ever (shade 13). However, I had heard so much hype about this formulation from MAC and had to try one. This is surprisingly similar to my Make Up For Ever version but slightly more bronze. I love it with my blue eyes!

MAC Eye Shadow in Naked Lunch: This was another product that I had heard a lot about. It is a light, shimmery, neutral color that (on fair skin) would look good all over the lid or as a highlight. I haven't gotten to play very much with this product yet, but can't wait to have it for the summer months.

MAC Lipstick in Girl About Town: I also fell in love with this shade of lipstick during the same trip in which I realized my love for the paint pot! After seeing another beauty blogger by the name of Danielle (her blog is linked here) talk about this shade I had to try it! She included some pictures and it looked right up my alley. I tried it on at the store and my assumptions were spot on... I loved it! I haven't worn this since receiving it but can't wait to break it out!


Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation in Fair/Light: I have always been interested in this line but never have purchased anything from it- so when my birthday rolled around some of these products were at the top of my list. This is their liquid foundation (there is also a powder foundation that looks amazing) and it is a very interesting product. Right after opening it at my Nana's house I swatched it on the back of my hand and it looked way to dark/orange for my skin tone. I decided to just return it for the powder foundation but wanted to give it a fair shot before I did. I put a line of product on my neck, blended it in and took a mirror outside to see it in natural light. I couldn't believe when I couldn't see where I had even put it! I immediately went in and blended it all over my face and found that it was a very moisturizing and comfortable product to wear! I will say that it doesn't have the best staying power but for girls with dry skin this is great.

Benefit Real Birthday Turn-Ons! Set: I couldn't link this product because it was a free birthday gift that Sephora is giving out this year. It included a mini size of Benefit's They're Real mascara and their Watts Up Luminizer/Highlight. I am not a huge fan of the mascara but the highlighting stick looks really cool!

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Mont Blanc: Wow, actually a foundation line that I am not the lightest shade in! Who would've known! All jokes aside this is a wonderful foundation. This is slowly becoming my everyday go-to product because it looks flawless on the skin. I am just getting to the bottom of the sample from Sephora I got last time I was there and am so glad that I now have the full size version. This foundation wears great with or without powder and I even find myself skipping concealer on some days. With this product I am beginning to realize that sometimes paying extra for a makeup product is worth it- especially for foundation. It seems like it is much better quality and has better coverage than any drugstore brand I have tried.

Nails:

Nails Inc. Ice Cream & Sprinkles Collection: I had never heard of or seen these polishes in Sephora but they look so girly and unique! This set comes with three small bottles of three of their summer colors which consist of a light creamy pink, a sparkly blue, and a chocolate brown shade. I love the idea of having them inspired by ice cream flavors. Is it summer yet?!

Nails Inc. Special Effects Sprinkles Nail Polish in Topping Lane: This was another polish from the same brand just in a full size version. It is like the blue in the ice cream set in the fact that they both contain glitter. It is not your typical glitter polish though- it's almost like it has the glitter mixed in! I haven't had a chance to paint my nails with any of these yet but am very curious as to how it will look on the nails.

Julep Rock Candy Nail Glaze in Marie: Can you believe that this is my first Julep polish?! It is a beautiful, light lilac shade that it right on trend with the pastel shades this spring. I can't tell you anything about staying power quite yet but will definitely be posting pictures when I try this for the first time.

Perfume:

Thierry Mugler Alien Perfume: This picture does not do this bottle justice in the least bit. I am so lucky to have an aunt that works at a popular high-end department store because we can always look forward to goodies like these. This has a very unique scent that is pretty sweet to me. It is your typical summer perfume in my opinion.

As for all of the smaller packages, they are mini versions of the full size perfume bottles that are highly collectible. I probably have 20-30 right now sitting on a decorative tray in my bedroom upstairs. Both my Nana and I love collecting these because they are so cute, and beautiful to look at. I love getting new ones to add to my collection!

Clothing:



Victoria Secret PINK Cincinnati Reds Track Jacket (M): This was something I was super excited about! I am a huge baseball fan and especially with my Cincinnati Reds. I even got the great opportunity of attending Opening Day and have a blog post on it here! This was a jacket that I saw about two weeks ago while at a local mall and couldn't stop thinking about it. It a different feeling material that won't get too wet if I get stuck at a rainy game which is perfect. It's also light enough to layer over a hoodie if it is super cold! I have been living in this the last few days and love pairing it with a t-shirt, my black pixi pants, and sperry's. 


Old Navy LOVE Graphic Crew-Neck Tee (M): My mom and dad also got me a few things from Old Navy that I ended up having to return unfortunately due to fit issues. While I was there I tried on a few things and came out with this shirt and the bracelets below. I love the fit of this shirt and it's colors. It is a great casual piece to pair with jeans and comfortable shoes on weekends! I tend to not have too much luck with Old Navy clothes within the last few years but am glad I found a few things while there.


Old Navy Assorted Bracelets: Sorry for the vague title but I couldn't seem to find these bracelets on Old Navy's site. I did purchase these just a few days ago though so if you want them they should still be available in stores! Lately it seems as though stackable (or "arm candy") bracelets are costing crazy amounts of money recently- even at Target! I mean come on, I am not going to pay $10-15 for a bracelet that probably cost less than $2 to make. These stuck out to me because they were only about $6-7 and came in beautiful colors! I loved how sparkly the top one was- it reminded me of cotton candy! The bottom one also felt like great quality and is a summer bracelet that would go with anything.

Along with all of these beauty and clothing related items I received some money and various gift cards. I cannot wait to go out and get some things to review for you guys! 

Hope you are having a great start to your week!
Love, Lacey

5 comments:

  1. Hey darling)
    nice blog)loves it)

    would you like to follow each other?

    xoxo Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Happy Birthday Darling! Thank you so much for the mention! I hope you like it:D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome and thank you! I love your blog! :)

      Delete
  3. Belated happy birthday.
    you've got great presents I must say.
    enjoy!

    Brian, sharing more 21st birthday ideas..

    ReplyDelete