Friday, April 12, 2013

Get to Know Me: The Beauty Blogger Tag

     Are you guys up for something a little different? I came across this tag while reading another beauty blog- Stephanie's Look (check her out here). I thought I would participate because tags are just so fun to read! Plus, being a new blogger you might have had some questions that these would answer. I would love to do more tag posts in the future so please let me know if you enjoyed this down below!

1. Is your hair natural curly or straight?
     Since it's gotten pretty long within the last year or two it's more on the wavy side but I consider my hair curly. I love that I can wear it natural because it comes in very handy during rushed or early mornings. Even though I have had my straightening bouts I have learned to finally embrace my natural texture and I love it!

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
     I really don't dye my hair at all! I've had highlights twice and enjoyed getting those but have never dyed all of my hair at once. If/when I do get highlights I go to a salon, I'm too afraid to do it myself!

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
     I would love to say that I change up my hairstyles but I don't. I typically wear it curly, down, and with my bangs pulled back in a simple french twist. I would love to have more hairstyles in my arsenal but I just don't have the time to sit down and play with my hair.

4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
     I do my own! Of course I love going to the salon for a pedicure every once in awhile but find it just to expensive to do all of the time. I find that I can do my nails as well as they can without leaving the house, so why would I?! Luckily, I have the best boyfriend in the entire world and he surprised me with a UV/Gel nail light for Christmas in 2011. I went out and bought the Seche Ultra-V top coat right away and it leaves your nails dry and shiny in about three minutes. It's a life saver for those of you who paint your nails at night!

5. How often do you change your nail polish?
     Last summer I was constantly changing my nail polish every few days. I have found myself not painting them as often this year because of my job. I babysit my cousins three days a week and don't feel the need to have freshly done nails all of the time. They are just going to chip anyway! I will definitely get into painting them more as the spring/summer progresses though. I have too many beautiful colors to let them sit in my closet.

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just in the summer?
     I honestly paint my fingernails more than my toenails as a whole. I typically do them more in the summertime because they are visible in the sandals and flip flops that I wear.

7. How long does it take for you to put on your makeup?
     If I am doing a full face, 30-45 minutes. If not, I will take about 30 minutes to get ready (and that includes hair). I like to take my time getting ready, it's very relaxing to me. Plus, I am always trying out new products so that always takes a little more time.

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
     Face! I don't typically wear a lot of eye makeup so fall out isn't a problem for me.

9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
     I would think any beauty blogger would consider themselves a collector. Heck, I had a collection long before I even started Love Lacey Beauty! I do return things that I do not like so that helps but we all have those products that we just can't get rid of.

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
     I only wear them on special occasions. The last time I did was for Jerome and I's 5 year anniversary and they bit the dust before the night even started! It must have been my glue or something but the edges kept popping off and driving me crazy. Luckily, I was able to remove them in the car without screwing up my eye makeup. After that I went out and purchased some of Emily Noel from Beauty Broadcast's favorites- The Revlon Precision Glue and Salon Perfect Demi-Whispies. Can't wait to try them!

11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
     Nope, I would never get out of the house in a reasonable amount of time. I typically do foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, eyebrows, mascara, and lips on a daily basis. If I was doing a full face I'd add highlight, eyeshadow, eyeliner and a contour to the look.

12. Do you wear makeup when your home alone, or with family?
     Since I babysit and am surrounded by family during the majority of the week I only wear makeup occasionally. If we go out for dinner or to run some errands I will apply some but I don't think two toddlers will care if I go natural. 

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
     This kind of ties into #12 for me. I leave the house every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday without a trace of makeup on my face. I will admit though that a few months ago I wasn't even comfortable doing that and would add some concealer to my problem areas before heading out the door. I have acne scarring that is continuously getting better thanks to Retin-A so now I am able to be confident in my own bare skin again!

14. How many high-end products do you have?
     A lot. I have high-end mascaras, blush, foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick, you name it. I feel like anyone who truly loves makeup will go out and try some high-end brands eventually. Yes, they can be pricey but if you spend wisely you can really benefit from some higher-end ingredients!

15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
     I wouldn't even call what I wear on a daily basis an OOTD. I am definitely more into makeup and beauty than I am into fashion and that definitely shows! If I do plan on what to wear it is for a special event. Usually I will have an idea of what I am wearing the day before then tweak it to what I like the day of after seeing it on.

16. How often do you change your handbag?
     Very rarely and this is something that has just happened recently. Before, I would switch out my handbag 2-3 times a year depending on the season but now not so much. Thankfully I have been able to invest in some high-end handbags that I hands down LOVE. This is great for two reasons: 1. I am so happy with my bag and it's quality that I want to use it as much as possible. 2. I love it so much that I am not even interested in looking or purchasing any more for the time being!

17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
     It all depends on the day for me. On the days that I babysit I wake up around 9am but if it's a school day, I can roll out of bed anywhere between 11am and noon. Thankfully, I don't have class until 3:30pm so I use those days to catch up on some much needed sleep!

18. How often or when do you workout?
     Recently, it's been every other day and I am loving it! I joined Planet Fitness about a month ago and have never really been a fan of working out, but something just clicked this time around. It could be because my family and I have a vacation planned for the summer... I have to get bikini ready!

19. Left handed or right handed?
Right.

20. How tall are you?
5'7''

21. Do you speak any foreign language?
     I have taken about five college courses in American Sign Language and love it! It is such an interesting language and culture. I could definitely keep a conversation going if my life depended on it.

22. How many pets do you have?
3. 2 cats: Mattie and Snoball (yes, I have always spelled it without a W), and 1 dog: Angel

23. How often are you on blogger?
Every single day. It's my passion!

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
     I do but not every time I am on one. Usually I will just glance through a few and check out a link or two if they include it in their comment! If you are talking about the comments people leave on my blog, I read every single one!

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
     Yes I sure do. I have a "Drugstore List" in my iPhone and it really comes in handy- well maybe not for my wallet. Usually I even add non-drugstore items to this list as well just so I make sure to try everything that I am interested in.

26. How did you come up with your Blog name?
     It really came out of nowhere for me. I started using the "lovelacey" username on sites like BlogTV and Instagram. Then once I was trying to find a name for this blog, lovelacey was taken so I quickly came up with lovelaceybeauty.

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
My iPhone 5 or my Samsung ST550 for more detailed pictures.

28. How often do you clean your house?
     I still live with my parents but I keep my room pretty clean. I used to be pretty bad about this but now I throw all of my dirty clothes in the hamper instead of on the floor and tidy up my room about once a week. Have a clean environment is calming to me and keeps my head clear.

29. What's your favorite color?
Purple!

30. Do you swear?
No I do not and I never have!

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
     Right now I am watching the Reds play the Pirates and we are down one run in the top of the 9th inning. Come on Redlegs! Other then that I will probably work on a few blogs and head to bed.

I tag anyone who is reading this! I would love to know more about you.
Love, Lacey

12 comments:

  1. Hey! I just discovered your blog and gave the tag ago, feel free to check it out if you'd like!

    http://fine-and-dandelion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I did and am now following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here via Emily of Beauty Broadcast, who got the tag from your blog :) Liking the tag and done my own! Also now checking out the makeup reviews! :)

    http://mumuinc.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/blogger-tag-get-to-know-me/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I loved your tag as well. It was very fun to read. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Lacey,
    I, too, am here via Emily from Beauty Broadcast. I look forward to reading more and following your posts. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa! If you have any post suggestions in the future please let me know! :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome! Love that you're on Emily's blog! Great tag. I'll add this to my list of posts this week! ;)
    Stephanie
    makeupandmochamint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It totally took me by surprise! Can't wait to read your post! :)

      Delete
  6. It's nice getting to know you. I should do this tag. Thanks for sharing girl. Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here via Emily Noel's blog post. Loved your post. Starting my own makeup blog/YouTube channel soon. Look forward to reading more of your posts. Read your post re:essie nail slicks and wondered if trying the secheuv top coat on second or third day would help their wear and staying power. Thoughts? I will definitely be trying a set for my summer vacation. Thanks for reviewing .
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to do this tag tonight and put it up tomorrow ! excited! great post!

    http://blueeyedb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh this sounds really fun to do! Definitely on my post list for this week :)

    xo

    http://faithopeloving.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete