Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Would You Rather Tag: Makeup Edition!

     Who is ready for another tag?! Thanks so much to Stephanie from Stephanie's Look for tagging me to do this post! She is one of the first people from the beauty community I have gotten a chance to talk to and she is so nice and makes me laugh constantly! Please go check out her site and keep reading to see who I tag next!

1.) Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks, and lip glosses or lose all of your palettes and eyeshadows?

     Honestly, I would rather lose all of my palettes and eyeshadows. The reason being that I pull off a "natural" face quite often if I am in a time crunch and find it kind of refreshing. I love just adding a little foundation, blush, and mascara to make my face look more put together and awake. Plus, I would die without mascara and lipstick...

 2.) Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?

     Whoa, I did not realize that these would be such hard questions! I would say I would rather chop off all my hair, that way it would just grow out and I would be good as gold because I would still be able to cut it! I do love Rapunzel's hair though but mine is so thin that it would never be that wonderful. Oddly enough I just watched Tangled today with my cousins though! Weird!

3.) Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?

CORAL! ...really, another Disney reference... Please leave me a comment telling me if you know the movie! Anyway, I will sport a coral cheek over a pink one any day. There is something about it that screams summer to me. Maybe it is because I wore NARS Orgasm everyday for years but I love that look on my skin tone.

4.) If you had $1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or makeup?

     My answer really surprised me for this question but I have a pretty good reason behind it... I would choose clothes! It is because there are so many expensive handbags and jewelry that I would love to buy that cost $300-$500+ dollars! Even though deep down my true love will be and always has been makeup. For me, even the most high-end makeup products are reasonable if I plan out and save for my purchases.


5.) Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner, or eyeliner as lipstick?

     I would have to default to "apply lipstick as eyeliner" and that is only because I could not  imagine applying it the other way around. Bright eyeliners could be really neat, especially for spring and summer! Even though your color choice would be pretty limited, I would still stick to this option.

6.) Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?

     I would probably say that 9/10 beauty people would go with Sephora- but you will always have those few MAC addicts! I do love MAC products, especially recently but you can not beat the selection at Sephora. I would not want to be stuck with one brand of makeup for the rest of my life!

7.) Would you rather only use one eyeshadow color or one lip color for the rest of your life?

     One eyeshadow color! You all know by now that I love lipstick so it would be very hard to stick with one shade forever! With either option I feel like you could create multiple looks but I can't live without my collection of lip colors. You can spruce up any neutral shadow with a bold lip!

8.) Would you rather wear winter clothes in summer or summer clothes in winter?

     Probably summer clothes in the winter. There is nothing I hate more than being too hot!

9.) Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?

     Bright nails! I already rock them in the winter time occasionally! You will only see me with dark nails a handful of times and it usually occurs in the fall. There is just something that makes more sense about having bright nails in the winter... it's like you are wishing for warmer weather!

10.) Would you rather give up your favorite lip product or your favorite eye product?

     Now I am torn between my beloved mascara and lipstick, oh no!!! Here is another answer that surprises me but I would choose giving up my favorite lip product. The fact that it doesn't say "your favorite shade of lip product" is why I settled on this choice. A great mascara can do wonders for my confidence and even with giving up my favorite lip product, I could probably find a similar shade that I love just as much!

11.) Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail or a messy bun?

     I would choose a messy bun. My hair is very thin, and very long at the moment so when I put it up in a ponytail it is not very flattering. I have a lot of pieces that fall down and have to be pinned back with bobby pins so I would much rather wear my hair in a messier style daily.

12.) Would you rather never be able to paint your nails again or never use lip gloss?

     This is the easiest question yet! I wouldn't use lip gloss ever again. I have never been a huge fan of that sticky stuff and would probably be glad if I was never allowed to use it again. Maybe then I would actually stop buying it!

13.) Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all or sharpie them in everyday?

     If I wasn't allowed to draw them in once they were shaved off then I would choose the sharpie route. I have been loving a more defined brow recently and feel like it really balances out my face. My only prayer would be that they had a light brown sharpie somewhere in the world!

14.) Would you rather live without makeup or nail polish?

      I would rather live without nail polish hands down. I love doing my makeup every single day. If it's a dramatic, time consuming look or even a quick, five minute, natural face the whole process relaxes me.

Thanks again to Stephanie for tagging me to do this post! Of course I tag all of you, especially Emily Noel from Beauty Broadcast!

Love, Lacey

7 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about nail polish. I really only wear dark shades in the fall, and I prefer brights in the winter. Maybe it has something to do with the rusty colors of fall versus the brightness of snow. Who knows? Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it does! That totally makes sense to me. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. finding nemo? and aww you're too sweet to me :D and lol not a fan of lip gloss either...it's too much 98% of the time...it looks nice on other people and I always see it on certain people and am like oh that looks so fab! but then i put it on and it gets so gloopy and terrible.. :(

    Stephanie's Look

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it! :) Thanks again for tagging me- it was so fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I think I am going to do this tag also :) I came here from Beauty Broadcast and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this tag! I just may do it too!! :) Loving your blog!

    beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete