Thursday, May 16, 2013

Birchbox Unboxing May 2013

     Hello again everyone! I am sorry that I have kinda been MIA from this blog recently but I promise I will be posting more regularly on here eventually. I am now pursuing a YouTube channel as well (as many of you already know) and hope to find the perfect balance between making videos and blogging soon! I am liking the video format so much because I feel like I can get more information, as well as personality, across in my videos. However, with blogging I can take my time to think about each post and get it perfect before I publish it. There are definitely pros and cons to both! Please just bear with me until I find the balance that is right for me, and I hope you will support me through this new journey!

     With that being said I want to show you all what I got in my Birchbox this month! I received it on May 10th and recorded this video on Mother's Day. I hope you enjoy this video and please let me know if you liked your box this month down below if you are a subscriber to this service!







-Individual Products-






Cargo Water Resistant Blush in Bali ($5.00): Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the chance to use this yet but I am really looking forward to when I finally do! I have a feeling that it will give a wonderful glow to the cheeks and that's exactly what I am looking for during the summer. Full size is $26.00 and that is quite typical for a higher end blush which will last you a very long time. I would apply this with my Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour brush or my ELF Small Stipple brush for a lighter application.


Pilot Corporation of America Acroball PureWhite® (Free but worth $6.24): I really don't have much to say about this pen. It's a typical pen and honestly I do not see why this was included as a Birchbox Finds this month. Birchbox Finds are supposed to be products that the Birchbox team is loving recently and I don't see why this is getting so much hype. Plus, what pen is worth $6.24? I feel like that is estimated a little high. Don't get me wrong, I love a cute pen that writes well but that's all it is! I did mention that it was pink in the video and that's how it looks to the naked eye but after writing with it the ink is actually purple! I am still unsure on wether to include this sample's price in with the running total for the box though. At the end I will include both the box's price with and without the pen but really I do not feel like these "Finds" products are meant to be included. For one, they are not on the theme card that lists all of the products, and two, on the site it says that they are not meant to replace a sample for that month.


COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face ($4.33): I also have yet to try this product but I promise that I will get around to it soon! This seems nice from a swatch because it isn't overly fragrant or greasy feeling. The full size is $32.00 and I must say that is a pretty penny for a facial moisturizer! I am a huge advocate of good skincare and I wouldn't even find myself paying that much for a sunscreen honestly. The sample is small for my taste but it does give you enough product to figure out if you like it. This product would have to do many miracles for my skin before I would even consider purchasing it because I am in love with my CeraVe SPF 30 moisturizer right now.


Marvis Toothpaste ($1.40): I have used this the past two days and have been loving it! I noticed that it was made in Italy while I was brushing my teeth this morning and it made me feel very fancy! Full size is $10.50 and I would definitely consider buying it if it was readily available. A little goes a long way, it lathers up great, and leaves your mouth feeling super clean and fresh without being too overpowering. I would be an avid user if this could be found in my local drugstore but ordering a toothpaste online every time I run out feels too fussy for me.


Miss Jessie's® Original Jelly Soft Curls ($1.65): Luckily, I got to put this to use the day after filming and I must say that I am on the fence. It did a nice job of defining my curls without making them crunchy but it wasn't anything life changing. I got a little worried after my hair had been drying for about 30-45 minutes because it started to feel very stiff and brittle but once it was completely dry that feeling disappeared. The full size is $14.00 and I will not be purchasing because my hair tends to do well even without product and I have others that work better than this one. I'm so sorry Miss Jessie, but this is not "the best darn super soft gel period."


     This photo is just showing all of the Miss Jessie's® products that I have received through Birchbox in the last nine or so months. I received the Quick Curl product in August of 2012 and the Original Pillow Soft Curls (in the small container because it was in a foil packet) in February of this year. Out of all three I must say that I like the Quick Curls product the best. It smells great from what I can remember and leaves my hair soft yet defined. 

= $12.38* and a 4/10
*$18.62 with pen

     This box ties with January for the lowest score of the year this far... and January's box was worth A LOT more! Hopefully next month can make up for the small, cheap samples that were given out this month.

*Remember to go rate your products this month if you are subscribed to this service!*
Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment