Tuesday, May 21, 2013

CVS Haul 5/21/13

     Welcome everyone to my 50th blog post! I can't believe that in 4 or so months I have already done 50 posts that I am so proud of! I wanted my 50th post to be the "What's in My Purse" tag but unfortunately YouTube is taking 700+ minutes to upload my video! Instead, I have this haul to bring you this evening. I ran into a local CVS to waste a little time and to use my $9 of CVS bucks that were expiring soon. Of course I go in expecting to pay under $20 but come out with a lot more! As always though I never feel too guilty because I know I will most likely be returning about half or more of these products! So here is what I got today... I hope that some of these become new favorites!


     I usually stick to the makeup aisle when in this drugstore because new hair products don't intrigue me too much. However, I ran on over to see if they had the Batiste Dry Shampoo I have heard so much about recently. Visiting the hair aisle had me pass the skin care aisle and I saw that all CeraVe products were on sale this week for buy one, get one 50% off...

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser ($13.99): This is my all time favorite cleanser! In the past I have used the Cetaphil cleanser that is very similar but enjoy this brand even more. I have dry skin and need a simple cleanser due to being on acne medication. This is a very creamy cleanser that does not lather but leaves your skin makeup free and moisturized! I figured I would stock up during this sale because I literally just ran out of this cleanser yesterday! If you have dry skin and are looking for a new, non-irritating, simple cleanser you should definitely give this a try. The pump is also an extra bonus- it dispenses just the right amount of product after one pump.

CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion w/ SPF 30 (originally $13.99 but $6.99 due to the sale): I tried this after having such a new found love for the cleanser and I must say it didn't disappoint! I found this a little expensive at first and didn't purchase it because I was finishing up my Aveeno moisturizer that I had at the time. My mom ended up getting this for me as a stocking stuffer during Christmas and I fell in love instantly! It's the perfect consistency and I love that it has a high SPF. I am not quite out of this yet but figured I am getting close since I've been using the same bottle for almost 5 months! 

Not Your Mothers Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray ($5.99): I feel like I have seen this product in countless videos and blogs. It seems to be pretty popular amongst us curly haired girls and I had to finally purchase it. I've passed it multiple times but as I walked by it this time I noticed the price tag! For some reason I had been thinking that this product would be way more expensive than it really was- what a nice surprise! I can't wait to try this tomorrow night- however, I hope the salt aspect doesn't dry out my hair!


Almay Smart Shade CC Cream in Light ($9.99): This is the first CC cream that I have bought at the drugstore and I am really excited to try it! This was near the new makeup products and honestly the packaging really caught my eye. I love simple, chic packaging and loved the color of the tube! I figured since I had been wanting to try the Rimmel BB cream that I could compare the two. The color looks good for my skin tone from a swatch and I am very interested to see the kind of coverage it has.

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Taupe ($4.49 but I paid $2.24 due to buy one, get one 50% off sale): I added this product to my "Drugstore Shopping List" after seeing Fleur from FleurDeForce on YouTube mention it! I am not the biggest advocate for black liner on my lower lash line and only find myself applying it at night. However, I loved this shade of pencil and thought it could be a great color to smudge onto my lower lash line during the daytime just as Fleur did. I have swatched it tonight and love the formula- it is very soft, pigmented, and long wearing!

CoverGirl Flamed Out Mascara in 305 Black Blaze ($7.49): Lately, it seems as though I am trying every new mascara that I come across. This is the only product I purchased from the new CoverGirl display featuring about three items. They also had some shadows and eyeshadow sticks but the colors didn't seem to catch my eye. They all seemed very dark for the upcoming summer months in my opinion! The brush on this mascara is very unique and the formula seems pretty dry which is what I look for as far as formulation goes. Could this be a new favorite?! We will just have to wait and see!

Revlon PhotoReady Kajal Intense Eye Liner + Brightener in 003 Emerald ($8.99): This was a sort of impulse buy and I am still on the fence about it. I saw the new display and browsed over the three colors that were offered. There was a black eyeliner with a white brightening end, a blue with a more silver end, and then this green liner with a more flesh toned brightening shade. I wanted to purchase a fun liner color but ended up having to settle for the sort of dark, flesh toned color brightener that was included. The emerald color was really pretty but very similar to a liner that I already own. However, I assumed that the brightener was going to be too dark for my skin tone and after swatching both ends I found that this idea rang true. I found this same issue with the Rimmel Scandal Eyes liner that I featured in a previous haul post. Since my skin is pretty fair the usual "flesh" toned products look too dark and orangey on my water line. I can already see myself returning this... bummer!

Rimmel BB Cream 9-in-1 Skin Perfecting Super Makeup in Light ($6.99): After every brand came out with a version of their own BB cream, many people took it upon themselves to compare them all and to find the best one. I have heard from countless girls that this Rimmel BB cream had the most coverage and that is exactly why I wanted to try it. I have been looking for a lighter product that will slightly even out my skin tone for awhile and was disappointed when L'Oreal's version was too dark for me. As with all Rimmel foundations they can tend to have more of a warm undertone to them but with this shade swatched next to the Almay version the color difference wasn't too drastic. Just keep in mind that this formula might be a little more neutral than cool.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in 55 Inked Pink ($6.99): This was an item that I just added to my list to try. I was catching up on a bunch of YouTube videos the other night and during my marathon I saw at least two gurus use this! I know that blue eyes can pull off pink but I never have tired and thought this might be a nice way to dive into the trend it for summer! I have heard wonders about these cream shadows and do own one (in Bad to the Bronze I think) but I never find myself using it. I tend to feel more comfortable with very light shadows when it comes to this formula because I don't have to worry too much about blending. This shade is gorgeous (I swatched it on my hand just moment ago) and it doesn't budge even after washing my hands! It would be prefect for a day by the pool or even as a base for a fun, colorful look.

Please take a second to like my new Facebook page here!
Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment