Friday, September 6, 2013

My Favorite Urban Decay NAKED 2 Look & Shade Descriptions

     Well hello once again everyone! I seriously feel back at home sitting here typing this and it feels so nice! I have some blog posts scheduled over the next couple weeks all revolving around supplemental material stemming from a few of my latest YouTube videos. I had a few particular requests for this post so I was more than happy to do it for those subscribers!

     Here is the video that I did surrounding my current favorite look from the Urban Decay NAKED 2 palette. This cult makeup item has been plastered all over the internet since it's release back in December of 2012 and is my favorite of the two NAKED palettes they have released. If you haven't yet seen my video, please check it out!


     After this video went live I had a few people ask for me to explain (in a little more detail) the colors I ended up using in this look. I thought that was a GREAT idea because anyone could then recreate this look even if they don't own this particular palette. I am probably not an expert on describing these colors and that is why I have included photos as well. I hope this helps and would love to see if you recreate this look! Please tag me if you post your photo to Instagram or Twitter so I can be sure to see!

URBAN DECAY NAKED 2:


SHADES USED IN VIDEO:


Suspect: A very neutral, taupe color with a touch of bronze that has an almost metallic finish.

Pistol: A cool, gray color with a touch of brown and a frosty finish. This is one of the shades that I have fallen in LOVE with.

Verve: A very light and shimmery silver color. This is the other color that has made me a huge fan of this palette!

*Please excuse Half Baked as it was NOT used in this tutorial*

Foxy: Your typical off-white matte shade.

Bootycall: A nude color with a slight golden/frosty finish.



     As for the brushes and other products used, they are all listed in the description of the video!

Love, Lacey

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, thanks for sharing this! I'm a fairly new follower of yours, as well as a new blogger. And I was definitely missing your blogs! :)

    Great to have ya back!

    Hope you can check out my little blog.

    Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww well thank you so much! I am glad to be back. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Lacey,
    Thanks for the follow up to your video. I don't have any of the Nakeds- except for the Naked Basics- but I do have the Lorac Pro Pallet and The Balm's Nude Tude. Between the 3 of them I think I can come up with a similar look. Thanks for the break down of the colors.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Make sure to shoot me a picture of your look once you re-create it! I think you'll be able to come up with a gorgeous look with those palettes! :)

      Delete