Sunday, September 15, 2013

MAC Phloof! Drugstore Dupe

     Hello Everyone! I recently went on a trip to my local MAC counter to pick up a few new eyeshadows and came home with Phloof! and Mystery. As I was choosing the products for my recent "YouTube Made My Buy It" tag, I realized that the highlight from the CoverGirl Shimmering Sands Trio is almost an identical dupe for MAC's Phloof!.







     When swatched on my hand the CoverGirl highlight comes off more pink and less opaque than the MAC shadow to the naked eye, however, the sheen's are very similar. If you were to use either one of these shades on the lid there would be no difference between the two in my opinion! MAC eyeshadows will set you back $15, but this trio from CoverGirl is less than $6 and includes two other great everyday shades! I personally do not see the need in owning both shades and will most likely be heading to MAC to switch out Phloof! for another color.

I hope you enjoyed this very short and sweet post.
What other dupes have you recently came across?
Love, Lacey

4 comments:

  1. wow it does look pretty close! I've almost bought phloof! so many times and now I'm definitely going to look for that trio instead!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this great dupe suggestion! I have heard lots of good things about this shimmering sands trio and after reading this post I am definitely going to pick it up during my next CVS run! By the way I just discovered and subscribed to your blog today through a "beauty blogger tag" google search! I just started my own blog, "Pretty in the East" this month and am going to do the beauty blogger tag you did in april. Ill be sure to link to your page! Come stop by if you have a chance! xX Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow thanks so much! I can't wait to see your tag post. :)

    ReplyDelete