Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Marc Jacobs Beauty Follow Up

     Hello Everyone! A few weeks ago I posted a super exciting video revolving around four new products from the Marc Jacobs Beauty line. Being a huge fan of this designer you better believe I was first in line when it came to the debut of his makeup. I gave you my first impressions of the products while applying them and initially I was indifferent to the items. Some of them I liked but nothing really stood out to me. Here is the video in case you haven't seen it!



     After posting that video, many of you wanted me to do a follow up on what I thought of the items now after using them for a few more weeks. I was more than happy to express my opinions once again and figured my blog would be the perfect place to do so. So here is what I think of all four products after using them all for about a month...

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation: This is definitely one of the products that I grew to love a little more after filming. During the video, I found myself using upwards of four pumps of this product but have since realized that you don't need that much. I now use only 1- 1 1/2 pump(s) for my entire face and have loved the light weight feel. After using less product I didn't see it falling into lines as much and that was a huge plus. I can definitely see myself keeping this foundation and using it when I am looking for something more natural and light because once I use my favorite concealer on top, the coverage is very nice. As far as wear goes, it is below average in my opinion. I can personally only count on this looking great for less than 6 hours and that is coming from someone with dry skin.

Marc Jacobs Beauty Perfection Powder- Featherweight Foundation: I still have mixed feelings about this powder. Even though the packaging is BEAUTIFUL the product itself is a little underwhelming. I cannot apply this with my typical powder brush method and find that dipping the little sponge into the powder multiple times during application is a bit of a hassle. It does have a slight shimmer property to it while in the compact but once on the skin I don't feel like it provides much additional coverage.

Marc Jacobs Beauty Lash Lifter- Gel Volume Mascara: This is something that I know I will return. From the first time I used it I knew that I wasn't a fan due to the very wet, goopy formula. I have found that the packaging gets very dirty from wiping off the tip of the applicator (as seen in the photo below) and the brush is nothing special. This mascara does nothing great for my lashes and does contain that "glossy" element that I know is controversial in the beauty community, but please keep in mind that this product didn't smear or budge throughout the day. Like I said in the video, I do own other drugstore formulas that outperform this $26 mascara.

* Please excuse Lily's toy! :) *

Marc Jacobs Beauty Lipmarc- Lip Gel: I have grown to have a love/hate relationship with this formulation of lipstick. The packaging is great, the color is gorgeous, and the wear is above average for a typical lipstick. The only problem I had with this is that it can become pretty dry throughout the day. Due to the fairly thick consistency it didn't feel lightweight or hydrating on the lips, however, the thickness could add to the staying power a bit. So you can make the choice... is staying power or hydration more important to you? I do think that I will be returning this product due to already owning similar colors in formulations that are more comfortable on the lips. I did want to also add that I love that this entire line of lipstick is inspired by some of Marc's favorite movies- how cute is that?!

Love, Lacey

12 comments:

  1. Good to know about the Mascara. I'd been considering a purchase and will be rethinking that now. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man that mascara does look quite problematic! lovely review of all these products, I've wanted to try out some of them simply because the packaging is so nice, but I'll definitely do a lot of research on the products if I decide to get any of them!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you benefitted from my post! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. The packaging to this line is divine! So sleek and chic! I definitely want to try the foundation, but the price...eee, not so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is exactly why I fell in love with the display! The foundation is nice but not my all time favorite and one of the reasons is due to the price! Let me know if you try it! XOX

      Delete
    2. I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award! Check out my post for details!

      Lily | beautywithlily.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. These products look so chic it's a shame some of them aren't so great. I'm a new reader to your blog!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive been wanting to try the gel foundation. I have heard great things about it. I might now pick it up.

    warriorofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT post! I'm a new follower here on your blog, and I also subbed to you on yt.
    I'd love if you'd check out my blog and/or YT also!
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeDNVLP9jf9a2BDaLUQC7YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by- I am heading on over to your channel now! :)

      Delete