Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Meijer and CVS Haul & The Best In Beauty Competition!

   


     Hello Everyone! Today's post is dedicated to some new things that I have recently picked up at the drugstore. I was originally going to do this post exclusively on my blog but relied on my Facebook page (link here) to see what you guys thought I should do! Everyone said to do a video so that is what I did! Like I say in the video, if you ever want any input regarding my posts and/or videos that is the best place to follow! :) Enjoy!


     I originally took all of the following pictures before my CVS trip so please enjoy these in-depth photos of the products I picked up at Meijer.


     Physicians Formula Super BB Powder: Uh oh! As soon as I took this out of the packaging I heard something rattling around and it turns out that the entire pan had come loose! There was only a tiny portion of glue attaching it to the compact so adding a dab of hot glue would possibly be an easy fix. However, this was a new product! This should definitely not be happening...





     Milani Powder Blush in 02 Flora Passion: I swear I love this packaging even more every time I lay eyes on it. I love the simplicity of the packaging and the gold detail is a nice touch. The formulation is nice- it is VERY soft and smooth to the touch. However, I could see this product being a bit powdery but if you use a light hand you should be fine! I have used this a few times on my cheeks and have loved the color pay off. At first glance I didn't think the product was SUPER opaque but you do get a nice flush when using this that is definitely buildable!


     Milani Nail Lacquer in Purple Martin: I said pretty much all I wanted to about this polish in my video. I was a little let down by the color but overall it's a nice, opaque formula with average staying power.



     Milani Total Lash Cover Mascara: Behold my first Milani mascara! This brand is definitely one that I want to get more familiar with in the near future. I feel like I hear TONS of great drugstore finds coming from this brand that is pretty reasonably priced. The brush on this is not my favorite.... The pink part is a little too hard and the softer bristles are kinda of difficult to get to. I just don't understand the brush at all really. The formula is on the wet side and doesn't do anything too drastic to my lashes so as of right now I will be returning this but remember my first impression could definitely change!

     If you made it to the end of this post THANK YOU! Here is the link to Jen's latest Best in Beauty Competition video where I am in the TOP 4! I cannot believe I have made it this far and it is all thanks to you! If you would like to see me move on to the FINAL 3 please click here. That link will take you to Jen's video where all you have to do is leave a comment saying my username "Lacey Keith"!

What are you looking forward to picking up at the drugstore?
Love, Lacey

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh that blush looks so pretty! And I like that it's more of a light rosy finish unless you want to layer it up!

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blush looks great! And the wand on the mascara looks crazy!! The purple polish is super pretty, but then again, purple is one of my favorite colors! :)

    beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's my favorite color too! I have ended up keeping the blush and actually returned the mascara. That wand was just too much for me and it didn't do anything for my lashes!

      Delete
  3. Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog!! Check out my post! :)

    beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete