Sunday, May 4, 2014

NEW Bite Beauty BB for Lips Haul + Swatches


Hi lovelies! A few days ago I came across this new product from Bite Beauty on Sephora's website and I was immediately obsessed. I am a lip product fanatic (as you may know) and as sad as it sounds I couldn't stop thinking about them until I broke down and purchased online. Now, I HATE buying makeup online and find that choosing the right shade is nearly impossible but ultimately I decided on two.

If you're interested in a full review please let me know but for a little background information this is the first balm like lip product Bite Beauty has put out. Right when I saw this brand hit stores back in March of last year I picked up 3 formulas because the line immediately stole my heart (find my post featuring those here). It's a line based around lip products and lip products only so you know I was SOLD!

I couldn't wait to get my hands on these new BB for Lips and it was so hard waiting to try them until after I took tons of pictures! Since it's a brand that I already know and love I thought that these were a shoe-in but sadly I was a little mistaken. Don't get me wrong, these are very nice but they are definitely not as life changing as I thought they would be. In these photos you will also see their Luminous Crème Lipstick (wonderful formula btw) in Pomegranate which I had to pick up while I was at it. :)






We will start with the BB for Lips since that's probably why you're here! These are selling for $24 each and upon the first application I liked everything besides the scent! I even asked my boyfriend what he thought of it and he didn't like it either. The only way I can describe it is a pretty heavy savory smell that doesn't touch on sweet or floral at all. It reminds me of something along the lines of strawberries and cream without the strawberries haha. 

If you didn't know Bite Beauty prides it's self on being "lip color that's good enough to eat" however I have heard a few complaints with the fact that they used Oxybenzone as the SPF agent. This is an ingredient that tends to break some people out so I would use caution if you've had trouble with it in the past. Keep in mind though that I haven't had any issues and these do contain SPF 15.

As far as color and pigmentation I am pretty happy. I initially got the Natural shade because on Sephora's site is says that these can be used as a primer before applying lipstick. I also thought it would be nice to try the colorless version to see how the formula compared to a typical lip balm. I was pleased with this shade and it does carry a little bit of a nude tint on the lips but personally I would never wear this in place of a lip color.



I feel a little bit differently about the shade Dolce! I always go for the darkest shades when dealing with balm like products because I want the most color payoff. I love bold lips and this shade satisfied my needs. It looks quite dark and scary in the tube but once on your lips it gives off a nice glossy berry shade that would compliment any skin tone! After trying this color I am also anxious to try Tawny which is more of a dusty pink.



I really do like the idea behind this product but I haven't been using them enough to see a drastic change in the texture of my lips. I have been getting a couple hours of wear out of these and once on they feel very nice and moisturizing like they claim. They are on the thicker side (think of the texture of say a Nivea or Fresh Sugar lip balm) but I love the feel. Keep in mind that these don't surpass my beloved Korres Lip Butters in the hydration department though. The one plus to Bite's product however is that it is in twist up form.

In the swatches I hope you can agree that these really do what they claim. They make my lips look healthier and more alive with a hint of natural color. My only hope is that in the future they expand the line to include a few other fun colors. As of right now there are only featuring 5 natural looking shades.

Quickly touching on the last product I picked up, I have loved their lipstick formula from first swipe and after hearing Emily Eddington rave about this red shade I had to get it. It's a really nice bold red that makes your teeth look incredibly white!


I hope you enjoyed this peak inside my recent Sephora purchase!
What do you think of the new BB for Lips from Bite?
Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment