Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lipstick Queen Review

Hi lovelies! Today I wanted to give you my thoughts on some great products I recently received. Lipstick Queen was a brand I had never heard of until I reached out to them and they were more than generous when working with me. They sent me 3 of their newest product launches and I must say I am INCREDIBLY impressed which is why I featured them in my recent GRWM video!

This company mainly focuses on lip products after it's founder Poppy King was unable to find her perfect formula in her hometown of Melbourne, Australia. She has even written a book that takes you through her years as a young entrepreneur which I would love to read someday. Her story seems incredibly inspiring!


Now, onto the products!



Price: $18.00
Marketed As: "Invisible Lip Liner works wonders with any lip color. The perfect way to stop lipstick from feathering, color stays put and you can create a defined lip line. It's the liner that goes with every single lip color and skin tone".

I love the idea behind this, it's as simple as that. $18 for one lip liner may seem a bit pricey but just think... this is a one stop shop! Honestly, out of everything they sent me I haven't used this that much but that's only because I'm not much of a lip liner person. That may surprise you because I am obsessed with all things lip related but that's just one world that completely overwhelms me! With that being said I have really liked trying it out. The consistency is very smooth and lining the lip line is super easy. I love that this is a twist up pencil so there is no need for a sharpener and this does create a great base for the formula of lipstick I will talk about in a second. I am totally a fan of the idea of having a universal shade to cover all lip options.




Price: $24.00
Size: 0.28 oz/ 8 g
Marketed As: "Just in time for spring, the Oxymoron collection is being joined by a vibrant new shade, Open Secret! In a romantic pop pink hue, this ultra-moisturizing lip and cheek tint, housed in a luxurious, soft touch gold case, looks perfect on your pout and pretty in your purse as well".

After laying my eyes on the beautiful color I was immediately hooked and have been using it almost every day since. This item can be used on both the cheeks and lips but personally I prefer using it as a cream blush. I did try the color on my lips one day but it came off a little too cool to flatter my skin tone and it felt a little drying. On the cheeks though it's a dream. A little goes a super long way and after picking up a tiny bit on my Elf Small Stipple Brush I am ready to blend. I begin on the apples of my cheeks and use my brush to dab the product out and upward towards my temples (I demo this in the video). They do offer 4 shades in their original line but each color is very natural looking so I feel like this shade in particular was a great addition for summer.





Lipstick Queen Lipstick in Jungle Queen
Price: $22.00
Size: 0.12 oz/ 3.5 g
Marketed As: "A color-popping coral suspended in a super-nourishing formulation, Jungle Queen flatters all complexions and is 100% fabulous when paired with your favorite big cat prints. Rrrroar"!

I have really fallen in love with this shade and formula of lipstick. If all of their other colors are this easy to work with you better believe I'll be trying many more! This formula is very unique in the fact that it's pretty thin and very light on the lips. Don't think color pay off and opacity are compromised though! This is the most beautiful and bright summery coral that is said to look great on anyone. The warmth of this lipstick brings out my blue eyes and seriously warms up the complexion like no other (see what it looks like on in the video below)! Staying power is pretty average due to the light formula but the color does seem to hang around for a good while.

I can't even begin to explain how satisfied I am with this brand and these products- they are absolute must haves! They've impressed me so much that now I have many more of their items on my radar. On the top of my "must try" list is their Hello Sailor lip product. It looks deep blue coming out of the tube but turns to a sheer plum shade on the lips. I love things like this during the week when I wear minimal makeup and they say it's very moisturizing while also making your teeth appear whiter! The two other items I am dying to try is the darker shades from their Endless Summer collection as well as their Medieval shade which they claim is a universally flattering red.

I hope you enjoyed today's review and make sure to see these products in action in my latest video!


Make sure to keep an eye out for that Black Radiance post coming this weekend
and please let me know if you've ever tried anything from Lipstick Queen!
Love, Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment