Sunday, May 18, 2014

NEW Black Radiance Urban Identity Shadow Trios| Swatches Included!

Hi lovelies! Do you remember the Black Radiance post I did a few weeks ago? It was all about their latest lip product and if you haven't seen it I'll link it here because I love that post!

Today I am back reviewing yet another new product from this underestimated brand and again I am BLOWN AWAY! A few days ago I was checking out the display which is located right new to Wet N Wild in my local Meijer when I came across these babies. The bright, bold colors caught my eye because that is one world I'm a little afraid of when it comes to eyeshadow. I never typically incorporate color like this into my eye looks because I like experimenting with lip shades so much more but my curiosity got the best of me when it came to these summery hues. I HAD to see if they were worth it and if the pigmentation was as good as that of their sister company Wet N Wild and I must say I was incredibly pleased.




Product Information

Price: $2.84
Size: 0.08 oz./ 2.4 g
Shades: Cute (pink), Correct (green), On Point (brown), Ambition (purple), Alluring (blue) 
Shade Selection: 5
Marketed As: "NEW Urban Identity™ Shadow Trio delivers tone on tone definition with intensely beautiful textures that blend easily for a stunning impact. Each trio compact features pearl, metallic, and matte textures of the same shade family to create a gorgeous waterfall color effect. The smooth, crease-resistant formulas can be worn alone or layered for endless looks day or night".
Where To Buy: I found these at Meijer but they can also be found at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid or anywhere else Black Radiance is sold.


Swatches of Shades

















♥ Across the board these shadows are very consistent and the pigmentation is wonderful. Each contains a nice mix of shades and as far as the layout goes the finishes stay the same throughout the entire line. The top left shade is shimmery with a slight sparkly quality, the top right shade is matte, and the bottom shade has a satin finish.

 I LOVE the color choices they supply in each trio because even though they stick with the certain color theme they are uniquely different yet still complementary of one another.

♥ I definitely think applying a primer helps with these and in this case I used my favorite NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I'm sure you can tell by the swatches but with the primer these went on smoother and with more color than on bare skin. As far as the formulation it is very smooth and silky. Keep in mind though I did find the darkest purple shade to be quite a bit more powdery than the rest.

All in all I can't explain to you enough how much I am falling in love with this brand and these shadows. For under $3.00 you can't beat the quality and if you are looking to add a little more brightness to your bland eyeshadow collection these are a wonderful and inexpensive addition. With all of these palettes you can practically have every family of colors and even though I don't feel like these could create single looks individually, they would be great supplemental shadows to any look.

If you want to see these in action check out my latest 
Get Ready with Me video featuring the On Point and Ambition trio.


As always I hope you had an amazing weekend and please let me know if you have tried anything from this awesome line. I need to know what to pick up next!

Love, Lacey

4 comments:

  1. I really like the green and the blue one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they gorgeous?! I just need to figure out what looks to rock with them now. :)

      Delete
  2. I love all of them! I haven't seen this line in any of my drugstores yet! I will be looking for them on my next trip to store. I am a beauty junkie, if you are interested you are welcome to come check out my bethandbeauty blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! If you try them please let me know! XOX

      Delete