Sunday, April 20, 2014

My Purse Beauty Bag


Hi lovelies and Happy Easter! Today I wanted to give you a peek inside the beauty bag I keep with me at all times. This little pouch holds essential beauty related products that I might need on a daily basis and they come in handy all the time!

I didn't always carry something like this. It wasn't until I stared my journey on Retin-A that I realized how important touching up your makeup was throughout the day. I had extreme dryness on my chin area and if left unattended it could crack and peel like nobody's business. I didn't want to include my everyday makeup items that I kept at my vanity because transferring products to and from my purse would be a hassle so I took to my makeup collection and this is what I came up with.



For my face I needed some type of moisturizer, concealer, and powder. Since I am a simple girl I would typically use my hand lotion for the little dry areas I would tend to so here you only see my Stila Perfecting Concealer in Shade A and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light. I decided on this concealer because it was the only extra one I had lying around! I used to love this stuff years ago but now find it to be quite sticky and hard to blend. It's gotten the job done in a pinch but the good news is that it is almost gone!

For powder I had purchased this MAC one because it is all I ever hear about online. It is really nice but for me a lot of face powders act the same on my skin so it wasn't life changing. I chose to keep it in my purse because it is compact and packs enough coverage for quick touch ups. I carry this little Too Faced kabuki brush around for application as well and got it a few years ago in a Black Friday sale. It is a nice size for setting that tacky concealer and for buffing out redness around my eyes.


For eyes I have a couple random items that I will quickly touch on. That mascara is Lancome Definicils and I am embarrassed at how old this sample is. Believe it or not though I love it now more than ever! It has gotten the chance to dry out quite a bit and I find that I can still achieve major volume and length with 2-3 coats.

I then just carry around 2 kinds of eye drops and I only began having these on hand because Jerome needed them. Lately however I have been having major trouble with my eyes when wearing contacts so I've found these extremely helpful. The older one I have here is the Clear Eyes Contact Relief formula and the latest addition is that Rohto Redness Reliever. I have heard so much about this Rohto eye drop brand online recently but it is a very unusual formula that makes your eyes feel minty and cool. Jerome hates it but I don't mind it haha!


For lips I carry around a few of my favorite products that are great for on the go. This Hydration Lock Chapstick came in my Birchbox a couple months back and I have already repurchased because this one is running low! It does a great job at keeping my lips moisturized and it's also a great base for lipsticks.

As for my Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose you should already know how much I love these! This is the shade that started it all and even though the lid has seen better days it hasn't dried out or run out in a couple years of good use. It's the greatest consistency, the price is super reasonable, and they hydrate my lips so much that I can skip the chapstick. Keep in mind that I do carry some other lip products and lipsticks in my purse as well, this is just what I keep lip wise in this little bag.


Last but not least are these 3 random items that come in handy the most! Starting with this adorable Tweezerman nail file that I got in a previous Birchbox, I use this sucker all the time! I have very thin nails that break and peel almost daily so this is something I use a lot.

You may be thinking that I screwed up and combined this contact case in the wrong category right? I have news for you though... this serves a whole other purpose! In here I keep a little bit of Neosporin and Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion. It's the perfect way to store these types of products in my opinion and I have had no issues with it spilling or causing any problem at all. I keep the Neosporin for obvious reasons but also use it on my lips occasionally. As for the lotion, it helps calm my mild Psoriasis but it's also something I turn to when my lips are severely dry and nothing else helps.

Finally, every girl needs to carry around some Band-Aid's. Whether it's blisters, cuts, or annoying cuticles I can never seem to have enough!

Lastly I am sure you can tell that my bag is from Ipsy and it is one of the earlier bags that I received after signing up. I love using their monthly pouches for storage and found this one to be the perfect size and shape for my purse! If you are interested in seeing what I got in my Ipsy bag and Birchbox this month I just posted my Beauty Subscription Showdown a few days ago!


I hope you enjoyed reading about my on the go beauty essentials!
What products do you keep in your purse?

Love, Lacey

1 comment:

  1. I love posts like these :)

    I nominated you for the Liebster Award: http://princessofpretty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    I look forward to reading your answers!!

    Lauren xx
    http://princessofpretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete