Sunday, April 13, 2014

Beauty Bits I've Been Loving #2

Hi lovelies! It is finally that time again where I share with you some products I've been loving! The last time I did this was on Valentine's Day so it is way overdue. I hope you enjoy seeing what I have been reaching for and make sure to leave your current favorites below!


Victoria Secret Refreshing Body Mist in Love Spell ($14.00): This scent brings back soooo many memories for me! I think every girl in middle school wore this but to this day I still love it! For me, this is an easy product that I can spritz on before running out the door. It's never too overpowering no matter how much I spray and it's just so fresh and girly I can't leave the house without it! The only downside to this is that the new packaging STINKS! I purchased a new bottle a few months ago and actually poured the entire thing into my old one because it felt super cheap and the pump sprayed weird.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($23.00): Everyone and their sister raved about this new mascara when it came out about a month or two ago but I didn't catch on to all the hype until now! Don't get me wrong I did like it right out of the gate but I didn't think it was anything life changing until a few weeks ago. Once I really started playing around with this formula I figured out a way to achieve mind blowing length and volume and guess what... it's with LESS product! At most I will only dip the wand back into the product one time during application. I just simply coat my lashes, allow about 10-15 seconds for it to set, and keep building it up with the left over mascara on the wand applying 2-3 coats. Less is definitely more and with this technique I get super long and full lashes that are flared out and clump free!

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW20 ($19.00): Can you say new favorite concealer? I seriously can't even believe that I am saying that right now!!! Nothing in the past few years has EVER come close to my beloved Clinique Advanced Concealer and this one from MAC may have just taken a slight lead. This has flawless coverage without being too heavy but also has a very natural finish unlike the one from Clinique. After playing around with this formula and wearing it everyday for the past month I have realized how much easier it is to blend out (especially under the eyes) and it also has a much lighter feel. If you are looking for a great concealer that will last forever, stay put, and be perfect for the upcoming warmer months I'd definitely give this a try.

MAC 'Fantasy of Flowers' Heavenly Hybrid Lipstick ($16.00): Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this in my last "Beauty Bits I've Been Loving" post?! I have fallen even more in love with this shade of lipstick and haven't taken it out of my purse for months! Something about this color brings so much life to my face and it's gotten to the point where I am already wanting to buy a backup... The love is that deep! This pinky berry shade gives me enough color without being too bright and pairs perfectly with simple makeup and lots of lashes! If you want to see what it looks like on I practically wore it everyday in Chicago so here is the vlog

Real Techniques Setting Brush ($7.99): How did I manage without this brush for so long! I picked it up within the past three or four months after seeing one of my YouTube friends LindseyLand22 using it. I had been setting my under eye concealer with either my huge Elf Powder Brush or an eye shadow blending brush for as long as I could remember so I couldn't refuse the upgrade. The price is reasonable, the quality is amazing, it is super soft and just the right size! I reach for it every time I do my makeup and love using it to apply my Bare Minerals Concealer in Bisque. Occasionally I also find myself quickly using it to powder the small areas around my nose as well buffing out the redness on my eyelids if I am not wearing shadow. I know I keep going on and on but now that I think about it, due to it's size it would be a great highlighting brush as well! I'll be right back... I'm going to pick up another one! :D

I hope you enjoyed reading about my recent favorites! In case you missed it I announced some exciting news in my latest video so I'd love if you checked it out!


Have a great day!
Love, Lacey

2 comments:

  1. I so nearly bought a real techniques setting brush the other day but I didn't and now I'm regretting it! I think i'm going to have to buy one!
    Sian x
    http://madeinascot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete