Thursday, February 27, 2014

My Favorite Red Lip Products!

 Hi lovelies! I recently stopped by a MAC counter to pick up their new Heavenly Hybrid lipstick and while I was there I spotted yet another red one I just had to add to my collection. I seriously have no self control when it comes to buying red lipsticks! I think it has something to do with finding that perfect shade that keeps me buying every single one in sight. With this new addition came a major swatching spree once I got home. You beauty girls know exactly what I am talking about! Even though we probably own countless similar shades to the one we just bought we justify it by making sure we don't own anything that matches 100% haha. My hand was stained for a good 2 days but I realized how many gorgeous colors I already owned and that very thought inspired this video and blog post. On top of that Ohio was getting buried in snow... I simply needed a little brightness in my life! I hope you enjoy this post! You better because I froze my butt off taking these pictures for you! ;D



($16.00)


($6.00)



(Limited Edition… $24.00)


*Check out my entire review of this line and 2 other formulas here!


($4.79)


($6.49)

*I forgot to mention in the video that this is the perfect product for red lips on the go! It's so sheer that I never have to worry about it smudging all over my face as I'm devouring Skyline at a Reds game. You also don't need a mirror to re-apply and that definitely is a plus for me!


($29.50)


and my favorite base for all for these shades…

($25.00)


I now want to share with you my favorite makeup look to wear with colors like these! I personally find it really difficult to create a look that balances out the boldness of a bright lip but doesn't compete with it. Here is my go-to look that is guaranteed to highlight your beautiful lips without over-doing it.



I started by following my normal foundation routine and made sure to frame my face by filling in my eyebrows. For the lids I created subtle definition by using Velveteen Bunny, Tufted Suede, Chinchilla, and Coffee Bean from the Too Faced Matte Eye palette- I love the way simple matte eyes look with bright lips! A little black winged liner goes a long way with this look as well as a good coat of your favorite mascara. I finished everything off by applying a natural looking blush to the apples of my cheeks and voilà! You are left with a flawless canvas to rock that red lip with major confidence!

Looking for more information on all of these products and curious as to what they look like on? Please check out my recent video where you can find all of that and much MORE!



As always I hope you are having a wonderful day and I will talk to you soon!
Love, Lacey

3 comments:

  1. these are gorg!!!! love them! definitely need………all of them. I HAVE NO SELF CONTROL. Bloggers are total enablers lol myself included

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes you definitely do! XD We can have no self control together! :D

      Delete
  2. This is amazing! I am definitely a red lipstick kinda girl! you are feeding my obsession! xx

    ReplyDelete