Friday, February 14, 2014

Beauty Bits I've Been Loving...

Hello Everyone and Happy Valentine's Day! Long time no blog! I am so sorry it's taken me this long to find the right balance between making videos and blogging but I am back and here to stay! Lately I've had so many ideas and I can't wait to see what this site can blossom into with some extra time and effort.

Now on to this brand new series I will be starting! In honor of Valentine's Day I decided to start this "Beauty Bits I've Been Loving" series because I rarely post favorites videos on my YouTube channel. I don't seem to try enough products to throw together a video every month so I'm aiming on doing them seasonally over there. However, in the back of my mind I knew there were products that I was enjoying lately and I was wanting to share them with you! That's where my blog (and this new series) comes in. These posts will highlight some great products that I'm reaching for on a daily basis that may or may not make it into a seasonal favorites video. I hope that makes sense!


The products I will be sharing with you today have been my staples recently! I also just realized that all of these could be used together to create one flawless girly look that suits today's occasion. ♥




Bobbi Brown Corrector in Extra Light Bisque ($23): First up is this life saving product that I picked up at a CCO (Cosmetics Company Store) while on vacation about 6 months ago. I'm not seeing this exact shade on Sephora's website which tells me it might be discontinued but never the less the results are AMAZING! After twisting my finger in the product I apply this under my foundation in a patting motion under my eyes. It almost completely camouflages the dark blue tones of my under eye circles due to it's salmon undertone. I then just apply my foundation as normal and I look instantly more awake! 



Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup in 150 Buff ($13.99): This is a foundation that I've had for quite a while. I remember really liking it way back when but it wasn't until recently that I began using it again. I can't believe I ever stopped! I apply this with one of my Sigma kabuki brushes and it's great for evening out my complexion while still feeling lightweight. My dry winter skin has also been loving it. It matches me really well and does a great job at concealing any redness I may have around my nose, cheeks, and chin. 



Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush Blush in Candy Glow ($30): Okay, we ALL know that this packaging is absolutely adorable! Not only that but the overall color is great too. Even though I feel that it's slightly overpriced (okay maybe a lot…) I can't get over how beautiful it is on the skin! I apply this by taking my blush brush, swirling it around all 3 shades, and gently patting it onto the apples of my cheeks while blending up towards my temples. This boosts my complexion while still looking natural and adding a nice highlighting touch. This is a shade that you never have to worry about- it will go with every look you create!



Dior DiorShow Fusion Mono Long-Wear Professional Mirror-Shine Eyeshadow in 821 Chimère ($30): In the short amount of time I've had this eyeshadow I have talked about it so much! I've had it close to 2 weeks and am still extremely excited about it. It may not look like much in the photos you are seeing but take my word for it, this is the most beautiful shadow I've EVER seen! It's a very wearable champagne color and contains ample amounts of glitter and sparkle. Please don't let that last sentence turn you off though- this glides on so smoothly without one bit of fallout! Talk about a perfect lid color that you can just sweep on and go- this will be perfect for spring/summer as well!



MAC 'Fantasy of Flowers' Heavenly Hybrid Lipstick ($16): This beautiful lip product has only been a part of my collection for a few days now but I am falling in love so quickly! I picked this up after seeing a swatch of it over on an Instagram account I follow (@weloveswatches). She posts gorgeous photos of tons of beauty products and I always find them super helpful. After laying my eyes on this new shade from MAC's new line I had to have it. Luckily, I was able to visit a store within a few days of seeing it before they sold out! To me, this shade is right in-between MAC's Lustering and MAC's Plumful (two shades I love). Not to mention it's a luster and that's my favorite finish! If you're looking to add this to your collection I'd act fast. The link I provided for you is already on back order.

I hope you enjoyed seeing the products I've been loving recently and hope all of you have a lovely Valentine's Day! Make sure to let me know what you think of this new layout as well as some of the beauty items you've been reaching for! 

I'll leave you with my latest video if you are looking to stay engulfed in this wonderful world of beauty. This one highlights some products that I've recently used up. Can't wait to talk to you soon!



Love, Lacey 

8 comments:

  1. how do you apply thatfoundatiom? with a brush or your hands?and do you find that too faced blush is really bulky? every time i see them i think wow what bulky packaging…..
    a(also just trying to give a little constrictive criticism, not trying to be mean, if you set the photos to extra large it makes the post look more uniform. just try it and you ll sees what i mean :) oh and take off the captcha!!!! i think you do it under settings)

    Stephanie's Look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info! I just apply it with any one of the Sigma face kabuki brushes. As far as the Too Faced packaging its not that bulky in my opinion! Maybe how cute it is makes up for it. It's not the most compact thing ever but it's never hit me as super bulky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Mac Lipstick and Chanel eyeshadow look so gorgeous!

    Tracey
    Saturdaynightgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Too Faced Sweetheart blush is one of my favourites! I picked mine up in Sephora in Barcelona last year and i think i have used it pretty much every day since. I would love to try a few more in the collection :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I am so glad you love it too! I also would love to check out the other shades. :)

      Delete
  5. The Too Faced Blush looks really lovely x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete